Would you Adam & Eve it

izwozral

I wear a cheap £10 Casio watch bought from Sainsbury in London 5 years ago, never replaced the battery, just a great everyday watch that ticks all the boxes [Tocks them too!]. Two weeks ago, the strap broke so being a purist I bought the identical Casio strap @ £9.98 from Ebay. Gets back from our jaunt today, postie has delivered the new strap. woohoo. Digs out the watch to fit the new strap, the flippin watch has stopped working now! Probably just a battery....................may be not? Time for a new watch I guess, but, daft as it sounds, I struggle to find the ideal watch for me, slim, clear thin face, not Roman numerals, leather strap. No date or second hand needed.
An account upgrade is required to view more of this post.

Robmac

I never wear a watch now Ral. I always have my mobile with me (sigh) so I always know the time. I do like watches, but I tend to scratch/break them a lot so I just don't bother anymore.

izwozral

I never wear a watch now Ral. I always have my mobile with me (sigh) so I always know the time. I do like watches, but I tend to scratch/break them a lot so I just don't bother anymore. Wearing my mobile on my wrist just isn't viable Rob, I can't get a strap to fit.

izwozral

Could it be solar, you stuck it in a drawer snd it stopped working. I have a solar casio. Unfortunately not, may look into solar now you have mentioned it.

Fisherman

I wear a cheap £10 Casio watch bought from Sainsbury in London 5 years ago, never replaced the battery, just a great everyday watch that ticks all the boxes [Tocks them too!]. Two weeks ago, the strap broke so being a purist I bought the identical Casio strap @ £9.98 from Ebay. Gets back from our jaunt today, postie has delivered the new strap. woohoo. Digs out the watch to fit the new strap, the flippin watch has stopped working now! Probably just a battery....................may be not? Time for a new watch I guess, but, daft as it sounds, I struggle to find the ideal watch for me, slim, clear thin face, not Roman numerals, leather strap. No date or second hand needed. Izzy replacing batteries is kids play and you can buy batteries for pennies. Check the back if their are no indents and it’s smooth simply lever the back open with a knife. If it has indents you need a special tool to twist it off. You will see the battery take it out. The battery will have its id on the...

NeilyG

I wear a cheap £10 Casio watch bought from Sainsbury in London 5 years ago, never replaced the battery, just a great everyday watch that ticks all the boxes [Tocks them too!]. Two weeks ago, the strap broke so being a purist I bought the identical Casio strap @ £9.98 from Ebay. Gets back from our jaunt today, postie has delivered the new strap. woohoo. Digs out the watch to fit the new strap, the flippin watch has stopped working now! Probably just a battery....................may be not? Time for a new watch I guess, but, daft as it sounds, I struggle to find the ideal watch for me, slim, clear thin face, not Roman numerals, leather strap. No date or second hand needed. Virus gets everywhere. Needs taking to watchspital.

Fisherman

Bill, I literally just ordered one off ebay before reading your post! Sods law it won't be the battery now? 😂 It will Izzy. Pm me if you need help.

trevskoda

I hate watches on anything tied onto me,any that i ever bought lasted about a week and stop,mobile or car clock does me.

harrow

I wear a cheap £10 Casio watch bought from Sainsbury in London 5 years ago, never replaced the battery, just a great everyday watch that ticks all the boxes [Tocks them too!]. Two weeks ago, the strap broke so being a purist I bought the identical Casio strap @ £9.98 from Ebay. Gets back from our jaunt today, postie has delivered the new strap. woohoo. Digs out the watch to fit the new strap, the flippin watch has stopped working now! Probably just a battery....................may be not? Time for a new watch I guess, but, daft as it sounds, I struggle to find the ideal watch for me, slim, clear thin face, not Roman numerals, leather strap. No date or second hand needed. I dropped a cheap casio watch as I crossed over a road, a double decker bus wheel ran over it, but it still worked afterwards :)

Asterix

I dropped a cheap casio watch as I crossed over a road, a double decker bus wheel ran over it, but it still worked afterwards :) Those double decker buses are very reliable.

Pauljenny

30 years ago, while on a ferry from Istanbul to The Prince's Islands.. ( long story ), I bought 4 watches from a pedlar on the boat. I asked for a big discount . I refused to pay more than a fiver each. There are 5 Islands . I lined up to get off as the gangplank was lowered. He followed me down, haggling. Then I turned round and got back in the boat. This continued until the 4 th island . Same haggling. But this time, I kept on walking. He dashed after me. I came home with 3 Rolexes and a Patek Philippe for the Wife. She wore it for years . A battery change was £2.50 and she changed the strap for about £6 I still have the Roly.. Battery long flattened, but never wear it.. Just a great holiday souvenir.