Wonderful thanks

oppy

Well here we are. Having been thrown out of Portugal we now face 14 days of being housebound, ah well. Sue and I are still above ground and fine. We left the Algarve on Wednesday last and arrived home on Sunday afternoon. it was a hard journey but we did it together with a couple of other motorhomers from the same campsite and got the tunnel from Calais ( the ferry company had cancelled our booking). So thats us, fortunately we have enough food in stock to last for our isolation period although there may be some odd concoctions at mealtimes and enough wine too, but a couple of our younger neighbours have offered to shop for us should the need arrive which is really quite heart warming.
But now the most important part-----------------------Whilst camping at a strange campsite, mikkis place, on the Algarve we met up with some wonderful like minded motorhomers including W members owlhouse and his lovely wife. they, bless 'em, sorted out most of our journey back to the port. Obviously because we were a group a couple of conflicts popped up, but we made it, so from Sue and I thanks my friends.
It doesn't stop there-------------------------there are others to thank for this wonderful couple of months down on the Algarve. Firstly to *****. (Graham and Kath )who inspired the trip, although things were unable to go to plan they still pointed us to some wonderful spots. Then there were the hobbits, the truly wonderful Paul and Jenny who welcomed us into there home as though they had known us forever. So to you all my friends, thank you for being just that and shewing what a great community we are part of
So thats it for now
Luv n stuff

Peter & Sue
***** suddenly become a set of stars?
Why has

Last edited:
Glad you got back safely. It will definitely be a trip to remember, on many levels! Hope it has it whetted your appetite for next trip, not put you off!

Its amazing how quickly we are all getting back. As someone who likes to meander 1468 miles in 4 days was not something I ever expected to do.
Did they close Mikki's place? I was there a couple of weeks before you.
Hi. yes they were forced to close. Initially it was just a lock down so we paid for a month and settled in for the duration, but suddenly the authorities decided that all non residents had to leave. As you probably know, the site has a visiting doctor and he was able to issue 'sick notes' to various folks thus allowing an indefinite stay, Sue and I qualified but decided that home was a better choice. Mikki also offered a spot below the sight line of the road for those who chose to chance it. We really enjoyed our stay there and would recommend it to anyone wishing to stay in the region.

Good to hear you are both back safe and well, I will be in touch soon re:camera.

Well here we are. Having been thrown out of Portugal we now face 14 days of being housebound, ah well. Sue and I are still above ground and fine. We left the Algarve on Wednesday last and arrived home on Sunday afternoon. it was a hard journey but we did it together with a couple of other motorhomers from the same campsite and got the tunnel from Calais ( the ferry company had cancelled our booking). So thats us, fortunately we have enough food in stock to last for our isolation period although there may be some odd concoctions at mealtimes and enough wine too, but a couple of our younger neighbours have offered to shop for us should the need arrive which is really quite heart warming.
But now the most important part-----------------------Whilst camping at a strange campsite, mikkis place, on the Algarve we met up with some wonderful like minded motorhomers including W members owlhouse and his lovely wife. they, bless 'em, sorted out most of our journey back to the port. Obviously because we were a group a couple of conflicts popped up, but we made it, so from Sue and I thanks my friends.
It doesn't stop there-------------------------there are others to thank for this wonderful couple of months down on the Algarve. Firstly to *****. (Graham and Kath )who inspired the trip, although things were unable to go to plan they still pointed us to some wonderful spots. Then there were the hobbits, the truly wonderful Paul and Jenny who welcomed us into there home as though they had known us forever. So to you all my friends, thank you for being just that and shewing what a great community we are part of
So thats it for now
Luv n stuff

Peter & Sue
***** suddenly become a set of stars?
Why has
Glad to be part of the journey with you guys - the main conflict was choosing red or white go juice 😎.

Glad to be part of the journey with you guys - the main conflict was choosing red or white go juice 😎.
It was a privilege for Sue and I to be part of your team, so many thanks to you and your carer for leading us home
Oh, by the way, it was fizz that we saved from our last supper

You are making us so jealous Peter, the first place we were heading for, was going to be Mikkis place before deciding where else to visit. At least you actually got there, which is more than we did, and what on earth are we going to do with all these teabags! Still, at least you are home safe n sound, stay lucky! xx

You are making us so jealous Peter, the first place we were heading for, was going to be Mikkis place before deciding where else to visit. At least you actually got there, which is more than we did, and what on earth are we going to do with all these teabags! Still, at least you are home safe n sound, stay lucky! xx
When you do finally make it there you'll meet some great folks many of whom spend half a year there ( quite a few Germans too, but we don't talk about them!!). It really is a nice place, and for every 7 days paid for you get the 8th free.
DSCF4431.JPG
DSCF4432.JPG
IMG_3304.JPG

Thank you for the photos Peter, Sue looks really relaxed and ‘at home’.
We will get there one day certainly, but it seems even further away now, I think it will be a long time before we can expect the cooperation of foreign bureaucracy or be able to travel freely without causing fear and suspicion wherever we go.
In my opinion, when this is all over, it will only be the start of the healing process.

Thank you for the photos Peter, Sue looks really relaxed and ‘at home’.
We will get there one day certainly, but it seems even further away now, I think it will be a long time before we can expect the cooperation of foreign bureaucracy or be able to travel freely without causing fear and suspicion wherever we go.
In my opinion, when this is all over, it will only be the start of the healing process.
Don't forget that Paul & Jenny have bought in extra supplies of red stuff just for you 🍷 🍷 🍷🍷😂

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back