Window vac?

Karcher for us too - we got one with a 12v charger which is ideal for the motor home. As others have said watch out for leakage!
Was that a different model to get the 12V charger, or did you buy that charger as an accessory?

The one I've just ordered from Karcher Refurbs is supposed to be an updated model that works in positions other than vertical. We'll see!

Was that a different model to get the 12V charger, or did you buy that charger as an accessory?

The one I've just ordered from Karcher Refurbs is supposed to be an updated model that works in positions other than vertical. We'll see!

As far as I recall as I bought it several years ago it came complete with a 12v charger (I certainly didn’t buy the charger as an accessory). Next time I’m out in the van I’ll dig it out and see if I can get the model number. Mind you it hardly ever needs charging as it seems to run for ever!

I use a Karcher and it does a great job, good for shower as well. I use mains charger in 300W invertor when it needs charging but that not often

WE inherited one from an aunt and use it on our VW but have found you can't use upside down or water spurts everywhere; sometimes if your lucky sideways on but fine pulling down. Trouble is windscreen isn't easy to get to at the base but karcher does help on all other windows and lasts ages. Not sure which model it is and seeing earlier comment perhaps the newer WV2 works sideways?

WE inherited one from an aunt and use it on our VW but have found you can't use upside down or water spurts everywhere; sometimes if your lucky sideways on but fine pulling down. Trouble is windscreen isn't easy to get to at the base but karcher does help on all other windows and lasts ages. Not sure which model it is and seeing earlier comment perhaps the newer WV2 works sideways?

Do the bottom first helps. Also it’s better to empty it half way through.

I always used a Kärcher - a great bit of kit.

I've had mine since they became popular eight or nine years ago and it's still going strong. 🤞

On the other hand, I've known half a dozen people that have bought the cheaper ones only for them to fail within a year or two. (n)

Another thumbs up for Karcher.
Rarely use it on windscreen as use external covers from October onwards which prevents the river down inside of windscreen come morning.
Still used daily on shower cubicle for which it is brilliant.

At this time of year we tend to put our silver screen on the inside to save the inner foam absorbing water, but that causes condensation on the inside of the windscreen. Whilst I was repeatedly wringing out a cloth I saw another moho using a rechargable window vac recently and thought that maybe a good idea? So who uses one? It seems that some would not be practical if could only be used upright. Another consideration is how they charge, mains or usb? Any recommendations or should we just keep wringing a cloth?
We haven’t got one but met a guy who uses a Karcher for his windscreen & also his shower screen & walls. He recommended it highly.

We just don't get that much condensation even with 2 of us and the dog.
We obviously aren't doing something all night 😀😀

I've got a Karcher and it's great but I find I just never ever need it with external screens. I use it at home now instead of in the van.

I‘ve been using a Karcher for years and never disappointed. Just came across a good price today if anybody is interested.

Just came across a good price today if anybody is interested.

That is a great price and a new offer I think, just too late for me.

I'm most impressed with the WV2, though though the water tank is maybe a bit small? 🙂

Id love a windows vac, then dispose of the contents. 😂 😂 😂
windows vacum.png

A combination of a Karcher to remove most of the condensation followed by running the cab heating fan off the leisure battery before departure works perfectly. The latter helps as in winter a small amount of condensation reforms shortly after the Karcher has done its works. I have a Class A motorhome and without the Karcher the Fiat heater/blower struggles with the huge windscreen.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back