Wiltshire Old Man getting out there.

................ .. Sticking in mainland UK until the pandemic is over but would like to do some ‘winter sun’ then but will be looking for travel buddies as I don’t think I will be up to going that far totally on my own.................
Welcome to the forum from us too.

Whilst my wife loves the van she won't travel with me for more than a fortnight as she misses the home and family too much.

So for longer European travel I now drive solo. I do tend to plan a general idea of the route, but don't bother with adding places to stay because there are so many. Europe is motorhome heaven.

What I'm trying to say is, when you feel ready, cross the Channel and give it a go. After a couple of days you'll feel completely at home and thoroughly enjoy the drive.

Welcome to the forum from us too.

Whilst my wife loves the van she won't travel with me for more than a fortnight as she misses the home and family too much.

So for longer European travel I now drive solo. I do tend to plan a general idea of the route, but don't bother with adding places to stay because there are so many. Europe is motorhome heaven.

What I'm trying to say is, when you feel ready, cross the Channel and give it a go. After a couple of days you'll feel completely at home and thoroughly enjoy the drive.
I'll try and keep that thought front and centre - at some point i will just have to bite the bullet.

Good man.

If it helps, but please don't laugh, in Europe I place a piece of paper with 'Drive Right' over the steering wheel and covering the speedometer every time I turn off the engine. Always. Whenever I restart I see my reminder.

A customs officer peered through and saw it, smiled, and said "Good Idea". I didn't feel so daft after that.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back