Wiltshire Old Man getting out there.

YokellCouple

I am now a widower having lost Mary to Cancer in May 2020. I am trying to visit all the Cricket grounds featured in my last Birthday present from her; ‘Remarkable Village Cricket Grounds’. I travel in my 2008 Swift Voyager Motorhome staying mostly on CS or CL sites but would like to try some wild spots as well. Sticking in mainland UK until the pandemic is over but would like to do some ‘winter sun’ then but will be looking for travel buddies as I don’t think I will be up to going that far totally on my own.

I have made some changes to my unit over the years, adaptions to suit needs of the moment. The latest was to remove one of the dinette double seats and create an inside ‘garage’ that contains my folding e-bike plus other odd things.

I have done all of the habitation maintenance over the years including replacing the Truma Combi 4 boiler recently. All the electrical upgrades - solar (350W), Satellite (Snipe2), LED lights and the like are just about how I want them. Security devices (various) have been added.

I have a YouTube channel which is currently on the back burner - did a fair bit with Mary but just doing a vlog as a single older man with a niche interest – I’m not sure about. I do social media when on trips and maintain a Blog to keep family and friends up to date with my adventures.

Username is the same for all.- YokellCouple

Welcome hope you enjoy the forum if you come to Scotland you won’t see many cricket grounds but you’ll have fun explaining the rules to a Scotsman with no math skill.👍

Nigel, really good to see you on here. Meets are run through the sister site motorhomer.com... we only make a couple each summer; as you know usually abroad, but would be fab to meet you in person next summer.

Nigel, really good to see you on here. Meets are run through the sister site motorhomer.com... we only make a couple each summer; as you know usually abroad, but would be fab to meet you in person next summer.
i've yet to explore the other sites i've joined but it will be good to meet you both and other folks too. So looking forward to next year - but not given up on more exploring this year.

Welcome to the forum. My brother runs a facebook group called Grumpy Old Cricketers (cricketing family) and I know recently there was a thread about the best village cricket grounds. I suspect most of them will be north east and Yorkshire though.

You might find it an interesting group to join. https://www.facebook.com/groups/grumpyoldcricketers

Good luck with the trip and the future adventures. There will be loads of people on here that will do a meet up with you, they are a good bunch.

Welcome to the forum. My brother runs a facebook group called Grumpy Old Cricketers (cricketing family) and I know recently there was a thread about the best village cricket grounds. I suspect most of them will be north east and Yorkshire though.

You might find it an interesting group to join. https://www.facebook.com/groups/grumpyoldcricketers

Good luck with the trip and the future adventures. There will be loads of people on here that will do a meet up with you, they are a good bunch.
Thanks for the info - i have just applied to join the group. From what i've seen so far this does look a friendly place.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back