Will This Affect Us

Well it looks like our over worked police will be very busy then, why not take a look at other laws that are rarely enforced due to lack of resources. Also this law is so poorly worded as to be almost ineffective. I live in a village with 4,000 people with no police presence at night. The surrounding areas have around 25,000 people, with two police officers covering at night. I would have thought the police have more important things to deal with, than a Motorhome parked up for the night.

This law will only be used as a last resort, and I reckon it is directed at travellers.
They seem to have had enough resources to go around disturbing people and kicking them out of the Lake District national park last year and now they have more power everywhere to do so.

They seem to have had enough resources to go around disturbing people and kicking them out of the Lake District national park last year and now they have more power everywhere to do so.
Fair point Barry, so they actually don’t require this law then.
I feel that this law was well summed up in Geoffs post.#39

Last edited:
Section 4 of the 1824 Vagrancy Act
The Act stipulates that ‘every person wandering abroad and lodging in any barn or outhouse, or in any deserted or unoccupied building, or in the open air, or under a tent, or in any cart or wagon … shall be deemed a rogue and vagabond’ and later, in provision five: ‘an incorrigible rogue’.
There's a few on here that fully qualify as incorrigible.
More than a few.
No names, no pack drill.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back