Wild Motorhoming

You are not allowed to do it last time I was there, think there is somewhere nearby which you can stop over, best if someone from there calls in here to help, im 600 miles away.

Imminent danger of getting moved on by wardens apparently.
Obviously if you can find an unrestricted layby you would be 'legal' but probably not the type of pitch you are going there for.

Stay clear of the BBQ areas and where there are toilets wardens go round them at night got moved on last summer got away with it moved down road a bit - far better to find spot for the day and also a place you can go at dusk after rangers have done their rounds got to remember though you are not allowed to overnight anywhere in the forest though - Key haven is ok as well but you have to park in the open

Wild camping is not allowed anywhere in the forest.
You WILL be moved on.
They have wardens 24/7 and the locals will report you to..

You can overnight here 50.749181, -1.730985 with pub and supermarket close by and 10 miles to Brockenhurst.
I have seen motorhomes parked overnight here 50.872683, -1.568487
There are several decent pubs in the new forest that have allowed overnight parking in the past.

The general attitude however was highlighted here in the local paper in July.

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/18607321.crack-wild-camping-new-forest/

Bon chance mon brave.

Dezi

If you look on our POI's there are a couple of pubs which allow overnight also there's a POI just outside Miltin on Sea.
It isn't advised to camp in the forest but the best option isto find a park up just outside and then dtive in daily, to enjoy the forest.

I find the New Forest to be the perfect place for my type of travelling and camping.

I'm not one for rally gatherings and sitting in a circle singing campfire songs - I like to get out and about exploring my surroundings.
I enjoy circular walks through the forest and over the heathland, and there are almost a limitless number of such walks, many recorded on various walking apps and publications.
My old bone-shaker bike comes with me and I enjoy the miles and miles of traffic-free paths and tracks.
Also an amazing variety of photographic subjects.

My home is some distance away in Essex but it's about 90% motorway so an easy ride - I only drive motorways in the early hours.

So, I reckon the New Forest is a great place to go, it just needs a bit of effort to work out how to fit it into a Wilder's lifestyle.
There are numerous wilding spots just outside the forest where the forest rangers have no "move on" powers. So just find a safe and legal spot outside and drive into the forest for the day and park up on one of the many approved parking areas, there are more than 30 of them that I know of (all the co-ords on my sat nav) - they are not tarmac car parks.

Some of the official Forest Camping sites have "pitches" that I would describe as close to wild.

All the more space for me to be able to wander when I'm next able to get down there.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back