'Wild' campsite in Cornwall

Tookey

Just thought I would share this campsite as I suspect wildcamping in Cornwall could be difficult this year. Looks like a good compromise, bit pricey at £20 per night but its Cornwall! Apologies if it's well known to many, I am not familiar with the SW

Last edited:
FWIW, that's just down the road from where I store my van. The place seemed to be for tent wild campers rather than us. However, Google Maps shows caravans and a motorhome on one of their fields, Here's a link to their website http://www.bushfarmcampsite.co.uk

Last edited:
These popup campsites that farmers are hosting run by pitchup are only for tents. Its apparently something to do with the subsidies that farmers receive. If they are for tents it does not affect their subsidies, but as soon as they have motorhomes and caravans it does. The CCC are also doing pop up sites but they are normally THSs.
Edit. Looking at their website they can take 5 motorhomes and 5 caravans. They must have CLs as well as the temp pop up site.

Last edited:
Normally if it a licensed tent only site they can accept a motorised vehicle such as a camper van or motorhome as long as you erect a tent alongside to sleep in. Something that is towed such as a caravan would not be permitted on the site. However the site owner of course has the option of only allowing cars or smaller camper vans with tents on the site, even though the licence permits any motorised private vehicle capable of carrying passengers.

This is the case at Shell Island for example and certain camping (tent type) sites in Dorset that we are familiar with. A major issue of course for larger vehicles is access and there are definitely camp sites that I would not want to drive along the lane to! :oops::oops::oops:

I may be right or wrong of course as different county councils may have different regulations:-

Last edited:
Normally if it a licensed tent only site they can accept a motorised vehicle such as a camper van or motorhome as long as you erect a tent alongside to sleep in. Something that is towed such as a caravan would not be permitted on the site. However the site owner of course has the option of only allowing cars or smaller camper vans with tents on the site, even though the licence permits any motorised private vehicle capable of carrying passengers.

This is the case at Shell Island for example and certain camping (tent type) sites in Dorset that we are familiar with. A major issue of course for larger vehicles is access and there are definitely camp sites that I would not want to drive along the lane to! :oops::oops::oops:

I may be right or wrong of course as different county councils may have different regulations:-

Maybe they aren't a pop up site but have a proper licence.

Just checked Bush Farm Saltash on pitchup and motorhomes and caravans can book although there may be a restriction on where you can pitch.

The website does state that wild campers can use the main site facilities so I would guess that “wild camping” areas are restricted to tent type arrangements.

Last edited:
They clearly state that they are suitable for campers, caravans and motorhomes...

Here's a screenshot from Google Maps. You can see 4 caravans and a motorhome in shot. I don't know whether those are something to do with the training they do onsite, their wild camping facility, or something else. Best thing is probably to give them a ring or text (their number, according to their site, is 07875 557160) if you're interested in going there. However, there is at least one CCC & one M&CC certified site/location within a few minutes drive with EHU that would probably be cheaper for two adults with a motorhome!

1618581736121.png

Delica forum member posted these piccys

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back