Wild camping Red Wharf Bay Llandonna

Peak9551

Free Member
First post so here we go:
just been to a spot on Red Wharf Bay this week, Llandonna beach. (Pic below) Last year stayed overnight but when we arrived on Monday they have placed boulders so can’t access the beach. Anyone know if this is permanent. There is a small car park which we stayed in but not quite as good as being right on the beach.
andrew
D45B5B8C-B5AE-46A6-A159-56309A78AC99.png

Maybe that's just the way it is for that particular spot now?

I'm sure if you did some Googling around you might find a news article, or some local council information as to why the boulders have appeared since last year.

I can see that in an ideal world it would be good to just park up on the grassy shingle right next to the sea and the beach there, but they may have had good reason to use boulders to stop people parking up?

Maybe they got inundated with all sorts of cov-idiots last year who were new to wild camping who weren't behaving themselves?
Please don't think I mean you when I say that, btw! ;):)

We're an overcrowded island. You can't always get those idyllic spots to yourself that everybody dreams about, and the pandemic certainly hasn't helped the situation 🤷‍♀️

The car park seems to be a reasonable compromise for now, especially if they are still allowing campers/mohos to park there overnight? :unsure:

Last edited:
Motorhomes not allowed to enter the pub car park at red warf ,however much you want to spend .

Maybe that's just the way it is for that particular spot now?

I'm sure if you did some Googling around you might find a news article, or some local council information as to why the boulders have appeared since last year.

I can see that in an ideal world it would be good to just park up on the grassy shingle right next to the sea and the beach there, but they may have had good reason to use boulders to stop people parking up?

Maybe they got inundated with all sorts of cov-idiots last year who were new to wild camping who weren't behaving themselves?
Please don't think I mean you when I say that, btw! ;):)

We're an overcrowded island. You can't always get those idyllic spots to yourself that everybody dreams about, and the pandemic certainly hasn't helped the situation 🤷‍♀️

The car park seems to be a reasonable compromise for now, especially if they are still allowing campers/mohos to park there overnight? :unsure:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back