Wigtown Harbour ? No longer available

jagmanx

We have stayed there before.
Very pleasant. Harbour master wanted toilets to encourage more.
But it is not on the location app as an overnight just as WS ?
Lovely spot and loads of space !
Have the council put their foot down with a heavy hand?

I was there yesterday but didn’t stay overnight because of uncertainty over the tide. It’s still on the app as RA, but actually you could get quite a large van down there. In the app reviews someone recently had a bit of a fright at 2 am when they found the water lapping over the step on their van!

Ok if you do the deed Wully and all members put a pound each in the kitty we could have our first WC Aire I’m in my postal order is on route. 😂

Would need a massive amount of members at a Pound Each though, Annie are there over 100 thousand members here?:rolleyes: Big Phil?

That seems a bargain..But I am thinking English pounds !
You need a lot more Scottish Pounds than English Pounds (whatever price you pay for a property in Scotland, there are lots more payments to be made to the local Council area! Bit like a buyers premium at an auction, but you don't know how much!)

I was there yesterday but didn’t stay overnight because of uncertainty over the tide. It’s still on the app as RA, but actually you could get quite a large van down there. In the app reviews someone recently had a bit of a fright at 2 am when they found the water lapping over the step on their van!

A few years back whilst staying on the Garlieston CAMC site we popped into town so the wife could go to a particular shop.

Before we left to go back to the site we drove to the harbour and found a motorhome that was obviously set up and staying the night.

I tried to warn him that it was a particularly high tide coupled to a full moon that night and it would not be a good idea to stay because the car park WILL flood o_O

He just laughed and said ............................ yeah, yeah,yeah, heard it all before, pull the other one it`s got bells on ................... with that comment i just left him to it.

Anyone that knows the Garlieston site will have seen the EHU point are a good 4ft -5ft off the ground on extended bollards.

When we got back to the site the wardens had already vacated several front pitches and was right to do so as it came over the wall at approx 2am.

It was a few years back so i doubt it was the same guy though.

Reactions: 2cv
C’mon Wully, ya know ya want to, how many new cassettes is a hundred grand, nowt to a man of your means 👍😂😂😂

I’m not ready for that Yet but a good investment for a wee consortium 25k each to buy then another 10k each investment to get planning and some refurb.1 retired lawyer to deal with planing and legal stuff. 1 retired engineer . 1 retired builder. And someone to live on site full time. Sounds great but I’ve took an oath never to work with partners I’d rather walk over hot coals juggling razor blades with toothpicks in my eyes. 😂😜

I’m not ready for that Yet but a good investment for a wee consortium 25k each to buy then another 10k each investment to get planning and some refurb.1 retired lawyer to deal with planing and legal stuff. 1 retired engineer . 1 retired builder. And someone to live on site full time. Sounds great but I’ve took an oath never to work with partners I’d rather walk over hot coals juggling razor blades with toothpicks in my eyes. 😂😜
One big fly in that ointment, is that the retired lawyer would still try to rob the other partners ;) Nice fantasy idea though.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back