Who's in Spain? Is it busy?

UFO

We arrive in Santander on 12 June for a six week tour of Spain (filling in bits that we have not previously visited). First stop Pamplona, next Aguero and then heading south to Andalucia and back north to the west of Madrid. We will be avoiding the coast, apart from maybe Cadiz. The recent heat wave seems to have abated with current temperatures in the low 30s.

The book Eyewitness Spain has given us plenty of target places and P4N up-to-date reviews of stopovers.

Just wondering how busy it is?

We traveled down on Sunday evening. The Aire we usually stop (2 hours south of tunnel) at was full but found one space at another close by. Then onto a municipal camp site at Gannat. Again busy but got on no worries. After a couple of days went to the Valencia camp site and it looked rammed but still got a pitch for the one night. Next off to our place in Andalucia and its lovely and quiet. Roads all to ourselves. So looks like if you want peace and quiet, head inland. (y)
ps, we are at Galera. Still hot.
pps, saw an article on the travel show bbc news regarding a mine that has a Geode on display. Off to visit that def.

pps, saw an article on the travel show bbc news regarding a mine that has a Geode on display. Off to visit that def.
Is this the one 'Discovered in 1999 inside an abandoned mine in Southern Spain, Pulpí Geode is the largest crystal 'cave' of its kind in the world'?
Let us know what you think.

We have just returned from N. Spain into Hendaye (France) today. Visiting Jaca, Pamplona, Burgos, Pontevedra, Padron, fisterra, A Coruna, Llanes etc. since late April. The only place we couldn’t get on an Aire was yesterday in San sebastion (which was to be expected.) the only place we have seen Brits was on a campsite in Laredo. Occasional Germans, loads in Fisterra but mostly Spanish vans.

Davy

Yep, thats the one UFO. I need to do a bit more research though as its 500mts deep and I have dicky knees. Ill update when sorted. (y)
At this moment, its 30deg outside (shade) but a lovely 19 deg in the bedrooms. Natural aircon.

Reactions: UFO
Lots of vans heading for Spain on the ferry from Portsmouth last night (even more motorbikes). Halfway there now, just entering the Bay of Biscay.
IMG_20220610_200808309.jpg

Ferry that came back from Spain into Plymouth at midday was full I counted 63 vans took a hr to unload also dozens of motorbikes

We have been in Spain for two weeks now, currently in Ubeda, Andalucia. Can count on one hand the number of non Spanish vans we have seen. Aires are busy but not rammed. Wildcamping we were on our own most nights. Even had a rural aire to ourselves.

I just can’t imagine taking my van intentionally to anywhere that gets to 30+ let alone in the 40s.

Last week we disappeared to the relative cool of the Welsh hills to get away from 25c at home!

Looking forward to going to Spain or Portugal one day though but it will be during autumn through to early spring

It's a hot one in Benidorm today.
We've been across driving the camino way, some great tapas bars on the way. Travelled through Portugal also.
IMG_20220628_111651.jpg

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back