whos awake

mariesnowgoose

I am it took me 5 hours to fit the carpet in lithe van yesterday I’ll post photos later of the finished job .👍
No the wonder you're worn out today! 🤪
Well done lass. 👍

The mechanic I mentioned today has properly ripped off my friend. Turns out he's a young, jumped up whippersnapper who doesn't appear to know his erse from his elbow, and even less about cars! She doesn't know that much about cars either, which was why this particular guy has been able get away with daylight robbery.

The good news is her little vintage motor has now been safely transported somewhere safe and is now in good hands, so she is smiling again and a lot less stressed. But she now has a heap of complete unnecessary and very expensive new parts she needs to return to supplier for a refund.

We all live and learn, ey? ;)

harrow

No the wonder you're worn out today! 🤪
Well done lass. 👍

The mechanic I mentioned today has properly ripped off my friend. Turns out he's a young, jumped up whippersnapper who doesn't appear to know his erse from his elbow, and even less about cars! She doesn't know that much about cars either, which was why this particular guy has been able get away with daylight robbery.

The good news is her little vintage motor has now been safely transported somewhere safe and is now in good hands, so she is smiling again and a lot less stressed. But she now has a heap of complete unnecessary and very expensive new parts she needs to return to supplier for a refund.

We all live and learn, ey? ;)
You need to have a word with him to explain things. :)

trixie88

morning everyone. up early this morning.......after a good nights sleep......awoke very early tho......listening to radio......
still iching to get out and about........have to stay put tho............

at long last....ohhh...the joy.....bare floorboards in lounge have finally been covered with carpet.....after such a long time,,,,,feels like luxury......even tho there is a crease in it,,,,,,,as its been stood up in hall/staircase for such a long time and strapped to upper banister to prevent it falling over....unfortunately was tied too tightly and squashed between upper and lower banister ah well.....not to worry...at least its down....ahhhh loverly.

dont think i will be venturing in garden today........
all enjoy your day..whatever you are doing

trixie88

Well thunderstorms ppfftt what we had was 2 claps of thunder and to strikes of lightning.. Marie as sue said the hottest day and mowing the lawn!...trixie did you get your car back today? sue Malcolm had to water the tubs tonight, after all the threats of thunderstorms for us nothing...
yes got the car back jeaneete....however its not sorted yet.......garageman said the wrong part was sent........next friday he said...as he is only working fridays at the moment....anyway i asked him if he could possibly do it sooner as i darnt drive it in case in peters out on me again........he said he would come round monday and fix it in my driveway........as its only a ten min. job.........///?????????

REC

Finally up and about....made tea at 6am but started reading..fatal! Lovely day, hopefully no rain as need to put the MH bed back together, took it apart to carry some 4m long lovely oak planks we were given. Bench for the garden and decking steps in the making. It's really useful being able to completely remove the central bit of the fixed bed, but I had to dump all the bedding in the spare room...the MH bed was all made up ready to go...anywhere!
Just got to get mum up and moving now, for someone who says she sleeps very little, she never wakes up! :unsure:

T4Lyn

morning everyone. up early this morning.......after a good nights sleep......awoke very early tho......listening to radio......
still iching to get out and about........have to stay put tho............

at long last....ohhh...the joy.....bare floorboards in lounge have finally been covered with carpet.....after such a long time,,,,,feels like luxury......even tho there is a crease in it,,,,,,,as its been stood up in hall/staircase for such a long time and strapped to upper banister to prevent it falling over....unfortunately was tied too tightly and squashed between upper and lower banister ah well.....not to worry...at least its down....ahhhh loverly.

dont think i will be venturing in garden today........
all enjoy your day..whatever you are doing
After living with bare boards and concrete floors for 5 years, I can empathise with the joy of flooring. The bliss of being able to walk around barefoot :)

Herbenny

Morning all ... breezy here today !
Moving son into his barber shops today with heavy chairs mirrors and other stuff that's been cluttering up my house.
This is where the camper comes in handy 👍
If we're lucky me and paul might actually get to spend some time doing what we want to do for a change 🙄

trixie88

Morning folks,very wet here but i did get a run out yesterday with van to Kearny point Co Down,nice we qt place and most folk there still in bed,good size car park with no hight restrictions.View attachment 83843View attachment 83844View attachment 83845View attachment 83846View attachment 83847View attachment 83848View attachment 83849View attachment 83850View attachment 83851
ohhh. would love one of the bungalows....right by the see too............lovely pics .......nice rock pool........bet you all had a reet grand day oout..

trixie88

5 yrs...phew...you are brave ...dont think i could have managed that.........
have to take shoes off now ...lol........no coming straight in from garden now......how long it will stay this wauy before i spill something on it...is anyones guess..........enjoy your carpet t4lynn.....take care