Which Wind out awning ?

paulhelenwilko

Hello all,

we are looking to get a windout awning installed on our hymer coachbuilt. I wanted to ask for peoples opinions :

1/ Which manufacturer would you recomend ?

2/ If you had installed then by whom ?

3/ What length and depth did you go for ? Did you go for the max length that would fit ?

Look forward to hearing your experiences.

Paul and Helen.

I have a 4.5m fiamma on the sprinter, no issues with it whatsoever. You can get a safari room kit but that's dearer than the awning. Don't forget storm straps whichever you choose. A freak gust of wind can cause the awning to rip the side or roof of your van out. Iff it's bolted to the vehicle. I've seen it happen. Came fitted when I bought van but it's around 11 years old.

I fitted a Fiamma F45 to our Chausson with the help of my son (or maybe other way round!) and 2 stepladders - pretty easy, fortunately the bracket bolt holes were all inside lockers. Got the max length that would fit. Seldom use it, though handy if you park up and it's raining as only a mo to wind it out. All lengths of Fiamma come out the same distance. As above, the storm strap is a must have, it's pretty cheap. However, I glued on an awning rail immediately below it to which we fit our Kampa inflatable awning which I much prefer.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back