Which leisure battery?

My votronic caters for all types of batteries with a switch.
solar duel a.png

I think for AGM the all important charging voltage needs to be 14.8 and most traditional chargers are around 14.3 or 14.4. does that controller do 14.8 Trev? It doesn't have a screen though. How do you know what's going in and what's being used?

I think this summer should be an interesting test to see how an AGM performs with an older controller.

I think for AGM the all important charging voltage needs to be 14.8 and most traditional chargers are around 14.3 or 14.4. does that controller do 14.8 Trev? It doesn't have a screen though. How do you know what's going in and what's being used?

I think this summer should be an interesting test to see how an AGM performs with an older controller.
You can buy a plug in screen, the little switches to the right set the voltage for all types of battery.
votronic regulator.png

I also have two voltage meters on the dash, one for starter and one for less batts, gives a good general idea of charge both stationary and on the move.
dash voltage .jpg

You can buy a plug in screen, the little switches to the right set the voltage for all types of battery.View attachment 109425

Yes but my controller also has several settings for various battery types but the question was does it have one that charges at 14.8v which seems to be the sticking factor for most chargers with AGM batteries? Having said that, so far so good with this one. Even if its only operating at say 80% capacity and stays that way so far its pretty impressive. The test will be over the next few months and into September. Both of us are sat with Laptops plugged in right now, two phones in the invertor on charge on fast high powered chargers, couple of showers in a bit, then out for the day before an evening of TV or watching stuff on the laptops. I bet the voltage at midnight is still hovering around 12.6. So much daylight hours this time of year you can pretty much act like your on EHU. It was September we hit issues last summer but the old battery was clearly goosed.

Yes but my controller also has several settings for various battery types but the question was does it have one that charges at 14.8v which seems to be the sticking factor for most chargers with AGM batteries? Having said that, so far so good with this one. Even if its only operating at say 80% capacity and stays that way so far its pretty impressive. The test will be over the next few months and into September. Both of us are sat with Laptops plugged in right now, two phones in the invertor on charge on fast high powered chargers, couple of showers in a bit, then out for the day before an evening of TV or watching stuff on the laptops. I bet the voltage at midnight is still hovering around 12.6. So much daylight hours this time of year you can pretty much act like your on EHU. It was September we hit issues last summer but the old battery was clearly goosed.
Yes does all batts.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back