Which battery charger?

Two here which i have, 10 amp numax and 20 amp Chinese which works very well, numax £50 chins £20
12v 20a charger.png
numax 10a.png

I just bought this one as it seems to do what I want at a great price too. 🙂

I just bought this one as it seems to do what I want at a great price too. 🙂
Only puts out6 amps, ok for a car lead acid but very slow for a big battery, that's if it will do the trick, is their mounting holes, mine is fixed in the van and runs of the EHU socket.
The one you posted is for workshop use, not a permanent unit.

Last edited:
Only puts out 6 amps, ok for a car lead acid but very slow for a big battery, that's if it will do the trick, is their mounting holes, mine is fixed in the van and runs of the EHU socket.
The one you posted is for workshop use, not a permanent unit.

Yep, I had no plans to fit it to MH as that has a sufficient 12.5A charger but we barely ever use EHU anyway. It might just do our existing car battery some good though? 👍

I use one of these 7 stage 20 amp ones from Alpha

Used every few months on the 3 x 100ah leisure batteries in winter when solar isn't doing anything....
The 3 flooded lead acids still sit at rest at 12.7 amps
Even after 5 years of heavy use.

I have the same one and very pleased with it.

It gets borrowed quite a lot at the marina where I moor my boat!

I have the same one and very pleased with it.

It gets borrowed quite a lot at the marina where I moor my boat!
Not the cheapest BUT well built and deff does what it says on the tin as far as charging/maintaining batteries goes

I just use the solar on van now. My dads proper old charger broke 2 years ago. I've not replaced it.
Our bambi has a 80w solar panel pushed in windscreen, with cheap £10 controller. I run that about if I need power for wet batteries.

I just use the solar on van now. My dads proper old charger broke 2 years ago. I've not replaced it.
Our bambi has a 80w solar panel pushed in windscreen, with cheap £10 controller. I run that about if I need power for wet batteries.
Those £10 pwm regulators only half do the job, but needs must

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back