Which battery brand do I trust

• Thread starter Deleted member 49439
  • Start date
Have you no gas for kettle. :unsure:

Yes Trev but I decided to invest in a set up were I use mostly AC power , it was that Geeky guy who put the thoughts in my head and I am quite happy with it at present with all this solar power , but when winter comes we have to be a lot more careful with the consumption

Ron is looking at buying new batteries but wondered if instead of buying 2x 110 batteries he bought one 140 to save him the problem of having to mess with joining the two together and all the faff that entails, do you think this would be enough for wildcamping. We do not use a lot of items just lights, heating and occasional telly.

Ron is looking at buying new batteries but wondered if instead of buying 2x 110 batteries he bought one 140 to save him the problem of having to mess with joining the two together and all the faff that entails, do you think this would be enough for wildcamping. We do not use a lot of items just lights, heating and occasional telly.
I have 180 but may add a extra 90 to make sure electric fridge dont drain me down to far,i have 200w of solar on my hat.

We only have space for a 110ah in our small van, though we do have 100w solar and a small golf cart battery which is only used in the depths of winter. It’s sufficed for 5 days stationary at new year.

We only have space for a 110ah in our small van, though we do have 100w solar and a small golf cart battery which is only used in the depths of winter. It’s sufficed for 5 days stationary at new year.
What type and brand is it , lead acid agm or ??

What type and brand is it , lead acid agm or ??

It’s AGM and as fitted originally because it’s the only one that fits in the small space. The make is Platinum, which I can recommend having had one fail a month before the guarantee ran out they gave a full refund without question.

Slightly off topic but can you buy battery boxes for say a 240 amp battery ? They are obviously considerably larger than a 100 / 110 amp battery which is the common size. I’ve yet to find any when I’ve searched online.

Couple of suggestions. If you're still looking.

Cheers

H
I bought 2 of these just before the lock down and used them for 10 weeks. They are not deep cycle batteries and you can have mine for half price. I bought a 115amp Bison battery, tubular internals.

What!! A discount with Alpha Batteries??? Flip I just bought a solar kit off them.... how do you get the discount??

Thanks very much, wish I'd realised before but no doubt I'll use them again, they have been very good.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back