Where are you going in the van this weekend?

Venturing into the Lake District now that the vast majority of the tourists have vanished. It's pretty much on my doorstep, but touring the area in summer isn't worth the hassle.

Gordon it’s nice round by Kirkcudbright Dumfries is a haven been enjoying the odd weekend down that way myself.Hope you get the weather

If you are going to Dumfries pop out to Glencaple (3 mile out of town centre) this was the sunset when I was there beginning of October
6B18BA0B-25C4-4B82-8BD3-A6BAEEBAC3CD.jpeg

Public toilet, cafe, hotel (food and drink) drinking water, dry waste all within a very few yards but no grey and black waste disposal
Great spot can get busy.
Have fun

Not been away in the van for 6 weeks since moving into new house, just been to busy. Think this is the longest since we got the van nearly 8 years ago. Feet are a bit itchy now though.

We are going to Bristol tomorrow for a couple of days. With luck I'll find something expensive for her to buy me for Xmas. With no luck she'll find something for herself.

Reactions: 2cv
Depending on what my blood results show up regarding potential heart problem the lakes for a few nights.
Its been 3 weeks since last out in motorhome due to ongoing problems and cabin fever has well and truely kicked in lol !
Looking at my diary it’s the longest I have been at home this year.

Leaving Friday to travel south, heading eventually for Portsmouth and the ferry to Bilbao on Wednesday. Probably get as far as the Frog before tackling the border crossing on Saturday.

Same here, nowhere.

The wife has had a bit more of her skeleton removed o_O so that needs time to heal (y)

Portugal on Friday, presently just outside of Seville on an aire at a motorhome dealer.
heavy rain forcast for tomorrow, think I'll sit tight & get tight.
Spanish vodka €4.30 a bottle ;-)

Wow Biggarmac that is a great price!! I must look in the wrong places because I have never managed to find sites for motorhome, hook up and 2 people for less than about £26 upwards.
We joined both the main camping clubs mainly to benefit from cheaper stays on sites. However, even with the discount, it is still too expensive to do regularly. I know it is cheaper than staying in a Bed and Breakfast but it is far more expensive than we had thought it would be.
It is frustrating when you see 'from' £8 per night.... but actually, for a motorhome with hard standing and EHU for two adults and two dogs, then VAT , it is still usually £26 - £30 per night. Even when advertised as half-price midweek, in effect it is only the pitch price that is half price but then still about £8 per person on top, then the dogs, then EHU then Vat so the saving is not half price at all, you save about £3 quid only off the total price.
We try to mainly wild then go on a site occasionally.
It is expensive here in high season, but they do offers for off season. There are 17 of us here. Just now the full price is £15 on a grass pitch, more for fully serviced hardstanding. Gordon organised a meet here a few years ago. Meg

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back