What was Thought provoking or ‘Moved’ you today ?.

iandsm

Can't say I've heard of it or experienced it,but I find it "thought provoking",I wonder if it's particular personalities that experience it? I have been reading this with interest. I am, and have been thought my career pretty hard edged, being not greatly affected by dead bodies, violence and all the shit that goes with police work. Having said that, if I see something of great beauty, for example seeng David in the museum in Florence or listening to some opera performances I can quickly become tearful and emotional. I have often wondered why I am affected this way, this perhaps gives some explanation.
An account upgrade is required to view more of this post.

REC

Very occasionally, a film can move me to get the lump in the throat and watery eyes. Watched one last night, was a New Zealand "comedy " called hunting the wilderpeople. One of those poignant but funny films with moments that hit you unexpectedly. And the name seems appropriate to this forum too!

Nesting Zombie

‘What Moved me today was an act of kindness that made me soften a little in my now generally set thoughts that Some’ people really DO make me want to believe in the Human race again. So, I have been enjoying my lifestyle & exploring a fairly small area spanning from just West of Brecon to just South East of Abergavenny now for a few month, & as is the norm earning some Cider & Donut tokens along the way, Together with Banking Some ‘Brownie Points’ from other people I’ve met by doing some odd bits of work for nothing more than a smile & an agreed occasional future park up or ‘Fill n Dump’ Facilities 😳 if ever required, You know the normal kinda thing. Literally just a few moments ago I had a knock on The Nest & when I opened the door was greeted by a lovely smiling woman I had never seen before in my life offering a Full Sunday Roast Dinner Complete with a jar of Gravy for me !. On having a brief chat it turns out that she is a neighbor of an old gentleman that I HAD in fact done...

harrow

The other side of the country, but she is a zombie eater :) The double glazing man had to come back with his mum there would be no turning back ;)

Moonraker 2

I was listening to a discussion on radio 4, I think it was about business, and I suddenly realized how different the future is going to be and how quickly I have been left behind, to a point of complete alienation. 😫

r4dent

Yesterday I went to watch my grandson on his first ever Remembrance march, took me back around 60 years to my days in the parade. The Union Flag was being flown but there was no wind at all and it just hung by the flag pole. Then as the bugler played the final notes of the Last Post the wind came up and the flag flew proud. Send a shiver down my spine.

Tim120

Never thought I'd say this.... here.... actually anywhere... Having read the first reply to this thread by Obanboy666 I felt truly moved. Since the 17th of September 2018 I am on the same journey and extend my sympathies to him. A recent cold snap brought about the realisation those coats haning pointlessly in the wardrobe could be put to better use at the local charity shop run by the hospice my wife spent her last weeks in. Eventually I plucked up the courage and took them in happy in the knowledge that they would raise funds and be put to good use, not an easy task. After all we had been through the sight of one of my wife's coats on a manikin in the shop window a few days later brought me to tears.

Linda

On Saturday it was the Championships for the martial arts club my grandchildren go to. This was taken during Lottie's Sparring competition. She was struggling and tearful when her brother sat with her and talked her through it. She went on to win a Bronze medal. Sam won Silver in his class. The love and care they share for each other is wonderful to see ( even though they fight like cat and dog at home 😂😂)

trevskoda

You could ‘SLOW’ the alien nation process down by Half. They are out there if you look,WATCHING.

REC

Listened to programme on radio 4 while driving the other day which brought me to tears...it was about the Last Post. Several beautiful renditions later, I had to pull up and find a tissue!