What was Thought provoking or ‘Moved’ you today ?.

Obanboy666

6 years ago today my wife, best friend and soulmate finally succumbed to the big ‘C’ after a valiant 3 year battle.
Yes, time is a great healer but it’s still very raw especially on days like today.

Asterix

I was sitting at a roundabout this morning waiting for a big enough gap to appear,which got me pondering about the immense acceleration of electric cars. Any one of those gaps would be big enough if I had that sort of acceleration,rather than the slow ponderous 26t pile of shite that I was currently willing across the line. Which got me thinking,would that instant acceleration mean shorter queues at roundabouts? I don't know the answer to that but it gave me something to think about for a while.

Nesting Zombie

I haven’t got a CLUE what you’re in about as far as the exhibition you went too (Waaaay above my intellect) But I honestly DO get what you mean by being moved to tears from what you get out of looking or Hearing something that pierces your very soul & brings on such emotions.

Weird but Beautiful isn’t it !

izwozral

I haven’t got a CLUE what you’re in about as far as the exhibition you went too (Waaaay above my intellect) But I honestly DO get what you mean by being moved to tears from what you get out of looking or Hearing something that pierces your very soul & brings on such emotions.

Weird but Beautiful isn’t it !

A definition of Standhal Syndrome: The syndrome has also been applied to other situations where individuals feel totally overwhelmed when in the presence of what they perceive to be immense beauty (such as something in the natural world like a beautiful sunset). The effects are relatively short-lived and do not seem to require medical intervention.

It has been known to bring on heart attacks which is a bit scary seeing as me ticker is fecked!

Last edited:

izwozral

The other definition: When exposed to the concentrated works of art, affected individuals experience a wide range of symptoms including physical and emotional anxiety (rapid heart rate and intense dizziness, that often results in panic attacks and/or fainting), feelings of confusion and disorientation, nausea, dissociative episodes, temporary amnesia, paranoia, and – in extreme cases – hallucinations and temporary ‘madness’.

Now that is scary!

daygoboy

Free Member
He means being in a state of Zombiness.

No seriously have you been to Florence, tis said that those moved to
visit the city will experience Standhal Syndrome to a greater or lesser
extent. Although you don't have to travel quite that far as you have
proved to get inspired. However in Florence the affect on the senses is all pervading,
even if you try to, you can't get away from it. It's everywhere, as a consequence this concentration
of beauty was found to be overwhelming to Standhal (and others).

Asterix

He means being in a state of Zombiness.

No seriously have you been to Florence, tis said that those moved to
visit the city will experience Standhal Syndrome to a greater or lesser
extent. Although you don't have to travel quite that far as you have
proved to get inspired. However in Florence the affect on the senses is all pervading,
even if you try to, you can't get away from it. It's everywhere, as a consequence this concentration
of beauty was found to be overwhelming to Standhal (and others).
Can't say I've heard of it or experienced it,but I find it "thought provoking",I wonder if it's particular personalities that experience it?

trevskoda

I have a web site that flashes up cut price hols ,and from what i see folk are not going away as much these days and staying close to home,or buying motorhomes maybe.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)