What possible problem might an overnight stop cause because of Covid19,

Liberty hall

Morning all
Very rarely comment here though I’m around!! I can see this from two fronts! Yes we all want to hit the road, however as has been said we have to abide by the law, no matter how you read it or look for a loop hole.

My daughter who is based in Windsor and knows where we park when we visits sent me a photo of a motorhome parked up chairs and tables sat having a cuppa😡 they stayed more than one night.

So to the couple in said motorhome this is my direct family all cases fortunately have been mild son who is a junior doctor in a London hospital has been tested when he felt lethargic test result positive, daughter in law again junior doctor in another hospital in the capital tested positive. No1 daughter doctor in Wiltshire hospital tested positive.

So to the couple in WINDSOR and anyone else thinking of staying over DON’T.
I could take you through there working day and how it’s changed due to Covid 19 and having to change PPE for each patient but I won’t as I’d want to give you a good shake, however that would be breaking the self distancing rules

Sorry rant over

maingate

In England the asks are reasonable. Unfortunately up here in Scotland the government screwed up big time. So we face a very long term lockdown to try to save their face.
Ms Sturgeon can afford a slower lockdown because Central Government is paying for it ... not her.

Maybe she thinks she is showing a more 'caring' face which will help her in her quest for independance.

wildman

As a motorhomer and a campsite owner in picturesque Devon, I can understand where everyone is coming from, the pandemic is scary for us olde fartes. My site will remain closed, people should remain in their own areas and not travel the country the virus will hitch a ride even if you are not personally infected, your clothes or your van etc may be, your pets maybe. Containment is the best way to eliminate it not to keep infecting from other areas. My livelyhood is suffering but I am alive and intend to stay that way. So please only travel locally don't bend the damn rules. Public toilets are not open, which will lead to irresponsible dumping of waste.

mariesnowgoose

We've got a pressure cooker building across the board and not just in wild camping.

Please just try and follow the rules that have been laid down, regardless of whether those in positions of authority have possibly not done the same.

By all means go for a day trip in your vans, but staying away overnight is not on the cards until we get the proper go ahead that it is OK to do so(y)

antiquesam

I'm afraid things have already gone beyond the latest rules. A lady with two young kids and a husband at sea told me that she is relying on her parents to babysit when she is at work. Eid celebrations yesterday saw large family gatherings around here and a fellow dog walker is going to her son's house today for the first time as her daughter in law has recently visited her mother. Even the local sweet shop has opened this week. Someone else upset me yesterday by telling me she's going to her hairdresser's house this week, oh and I saw a dog parlour open today.

maingate

I'm afraid things have already gone beyond the latest rules. A lady with two young kids and a husband at sea told me that she is relying on her parents to babysit when she is at work. Eid celebrations yesterday saw large family gatherings around here and a fellow dog walker is going to her son's house today for the first time as her daughter in law has recently visited her mother. Even the local sweet shop has opened this week. Someone else upset me yesterday by telling me she's going to her hairdresser's house this week, oh and I saw a dog parlour open today.
Next time you see Ms Sturgeon on TV, take note of her hair. It seems to be getting shorter every week. :oops:

trixie88

why wimmin winge about their hair. and not being able to get hairdresser..is beyond me........just cut it yourself ....its not rocket science........cant make much of a mess of it........and if they do........IT WII GROW AGAIN.........

mariesnowgoose

why wimmin winge about their hair. and not being able to get hairdresser..is beyond me........just cut it yourself ....its not rocket science........cant make much of a mess of it........and if they do........IT WII GROW AGAIN.........
I'm with you 100%, Trixie. Mind, I don't have that much hair to worry about any more! ;) 🤪😂😂😂

trixie88

I'm with you 100%, Trixie. Mind, I don't have that much hair to worry about any more! ;) 🤪😂😂😂
has it started growing again marie........or did you still have some left after treatment..........you certainly had a lovely mop of curly hair.........wonder if it will grow back the same.......take care

mariesnowgoose

has it started growing again marie........or did you still have some left after treatment..........you certainly had a lovely mop of curly hair.........wonder if it will grow back the same.......take care
Yes, but its blinkin' slow!

Think that's par for the course.

I never lost it entirely, but Neil cut it with his hair clippers when I started chemo. Bits do drop out and it would have looked a right mess.
It will be curly as before I think, but take some time to build up anything worthwhile.
Good job it's summer and warm just now, it was blummin cold through the winter! Even wore beanie hats in bed!! 🤪😁

How bald blokes don't wear hats to keep their head warm is now amazing to me! 🥶:p :ROFLMAO: 😁

NeilyG

As stated by various, you may well get ‘feedback’ from locals & a possibility of being fined by the cops but, given that the government actually wants the population to get herd immunity (without actually daring to say so) & that more & more scientists are now stepping forward to severely question the need for lockdown, or even social distancing, it really is up to the individual to decide - I’m afraid it’s as murky as that. 🦋

NeilyG

Yes, some wimmin can be very silly can’t they!
Marie currently has a carefully coiffired ‘pixie’ look with hair about 2” long. She’s also being very ‘current’ wearing a skull-type hat, not dissimilar to ones favoured by DCummings I’ll have you know. So always one step ahead of the game is our good lady style guru - if you want to know the latest trends look no further.💃

yorkslass

In view of what's been going on at no 10 over the last few days, if i wasn't isolating to preserve life, i would be out and finding somewhere quiet to overnight.......let's face it I would have a perfect excuse.......I can't drive home.......my eyes hurt.

barryd

In view of what's been going on at no 10 over the last few days, if i wasn't isolating to preserve life, i would be out and finding somewhere quiet to overnight.......let's face it I would have a perfect excuse.......I can't drive home.......my eyes hurt.
Yes. Or you could even say if plod comes along and says WTF you doing out in that camper van that you were worried when you woke up this morning that you couldnt see very well so you thought the best thing to do would be to go out in the camper van as a test to see if you were ok to drive.

izwozral

Yes, but its blinkin' slow!

Think that's par for the course.

I never lost it entirely, but Neil cut it with his hair clippers when I started chemo. Bits do drop out and it would have looked a right mess.
It will be curly as before I think, but take some time to build up anything worthwhile.
Good job it's summer and warm just now, it was blummin cold through the winter! Even wore beanie hats in bed!! 🤪😁

How bald blokes don't wear hats to keep their head warm is now amazing to me! 🥶:p :ROFLMAO: 😁
I only ever let what little hair I have left grow to about a quarter inch, when I cut it to a no.1, I actually do feel the cold for a day or so! Weird.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:289)

mark61, izwozral, 2cv, Edina, colinmd, Dezi, sparrks, Farman, phase3begins, mistericeman, r4dent, Wully, Derekoak, twink, Clummzie, campervanannie, maingate, helen262, helmit, Alberto, wildebus, Martin P, paulhelenwilko, scampa, 1807truckman, Wooie1958, number14, Obanboy666, Tezza33, Asterix, Neckender, vanmandan, n brown, Harrers, smg, Tim120, TeamRienza, davef, alcam, groyne, trixie88, st3v3, lands43, terry111, molly 2, POI Admin, channa, Kizzy, SimonM, doglover1, ian1950, Dee, barge1914, pamjon, AdriaTwin, yorkslass, Snapster, witzend, GeoffL, brunobrian, runnach, madtheswine99, antiquesam, DorsetDrifter, Tookey, harrow, FULL TIMER, Allen, GreggBear, justRoamin, Val54, barryd, rabW, jacquigem, TJBi, argoose, 955itriple, JVG, fiona68, Nabsim, GinaRon, Geraldine, REC, caledonia, Fisherman, Mikael, Toffeecat, Nidge, Carrerasax, Adria home, clarkpeacock, Fazerloz, mariesnowgoose, Robmac, trevskoda, MrKenny, grahammay2, defender, spigot, hmssnake, Budgie, martinmartin, Biggarmac, ATwin, Winger, wints, Minisorella, Goggles, jeanette, Artichoke Annie, jagmanx, ChrisInNotts, Penny13, vtwinner, walpeter, Somerled, tripper, iampatman, SCRUMPY BOY, RSD7a, antiqueman, Aly, BlueVanMan, lahoski, highlandron, mjvw, yorkshireCPLE, Andysm, Redsky, korky, mossypossy, Doddy6, big tom, Moonraker 2, tribute11, Steve and Julie, Ribble, Mandoman, alwaysared, hanger18, Wheelie, toasty, Yelto, britcoms, jimbohorlicks, Debroos, mofish, I&MK, Donsider, ton27, sherry, Chip, silverweed, Liberty hall, ajb70, Mr and Mrs Tupcox, sonic650, pj650, GWAYGWAY, mygrassisblue, moonshadow, Victor, Buzzard, maureenandtom, Bigshug, mrdon, david0412, rjn, Babybirddog, Android, jann, ironman, Veloman, harrym, Package, Sue Paskins, Enfieldrover, dave01249, Fdhadi, i0mark0i, yorkscol, clareandpeter, Clarkster, Proverbs2329, Deneb, Skiptonian, Stevie 25, ozbit, mjhall37, bilbo, Ken Parsons, Greengrass, MikeB, Archiemutt, wildman, Justjack, dane, Peter51, Su James, myvanwy, oTTo, dlongman, in h, TonyandJo, Greytop, Andyd400, Juliet, TanyaK, Buckby, grapework, Scrumpee, robert webber, fairfieldkid, Full Member, MadRssss, Larnie, brian c, Keith777, hank, charlie356, kenno, zzr1400tim, lthoel2, Gray B, Jean, bartman, sduggan, eddyt, starfish, mikeegee123, Chris356, NeilyG, gisjbert, reiverlad, Scotia, Greenwayjay, Clubhouse, Alcfire, Winnie, mid4did, daisybrown, panlap, dezzy, john77, davep10000, Bob, Nomad, DaveP, jas900, Phump, delphin, Tapfitter, gerrevelyn, gustaylor, sdh1412, peter palance, toasterseth, quilkin, eggbeater, timatabsa, Moc, nosfunk, Nowego, paul99, Nilocck, NalaK, gettingolder2, Chasn, fiona b, cobbdu1, Yolo, wilfee, pondhoppers, noah and nelly, Durasell, Gary L, Dads Train, daviesp2, Meloc8, roadroamer, tipper trucker, smudger1949, Homenaway, Mickrick, zidane1, robertd, TangoGypsy, Freechords, Robinhood,