What possible problem might an overnight stop cause because of Covid19,

Harrytherid

What possible problem might an overnight stop cause because of Covid19, I don't need, though my wife and I might go for a stroll, to get out of the wagon for three days so am highly unlikely to infect another or be infected. I suspect that those who make these rules are just jealous that they are not equipped to do so but we can park in a car park overlooking a lovely view and not affecting anyone els' view and enjoy watching people on a beach or in the sea kite surfing or paddle boarding, things which I could do myself but my wife could not, but we both enjoy watching.

2cv

I think that the problem lies on two fronts. Firstly, whilst as an individual you may not add greatly to risk, if permission is given to do what you describe the large number of people all trying to do it would add to risk, especially in the type of location that you describe.
Secondly even on an individual basis risk is increased by possible contact with others due to accident, breakdown or illness.
Some of course will just do what suits their own pleasure, thankfully the majority follow the rules. I hope that when this is all over the few will not have spoiled the general attitude towards the vast majority who have followed the rules.

colinmd

If you think this has not been allowed due to jealousy on behalf of the 'rule makers', then I would suggest you are way overthinking things. Do you honestly think at a meeting 'wild camping' would be anywhere on the agenda?

r4dent

What possible problem might an overnight stop cause because of Covid19, I don't need, though my wife and I might go for a stroll, to get out of the wagon for three days so am highly unlikely to infect another or be infected. I suspect that those who make these rules are just jealous that they are not equipped to do so but we can park in a car park overlooking a lovely view and not affecting anyone els' view and enjoy watching people on a beach or in the sea kite surfing or paddle boarding, things which I could do myself but my wife could not, but we both enjoy watching.
Three dys in you MoHo, no problem ... provided you stay on your drive.

Otherwise you are getting the rest of us a bad name and could cause less favorable rules in the future.
Try to think of the bigger picture not just your needs.

I have not left the house for 8 weeks and don't know when I will be allowed to.
I have not seen my family for 8 weeks.

If I can resist using my MoHo so can you.

campervanannie

I get it it seems really unfair when you can go play golf and if you believe what you see in the papers and the news people are out in boats and some are wind surfing and got their jet skis out people lazing around on beaches and now the gov telling us that Vitamin D helps with the virus and you get it from sunshine but they don’t want us out too long so we just have to sit it out for a little while longer🤞🤞have a day trip out as that’s ok just go home at night.

Harrytherid

Some seem to think that I intend doing what I am asking about. No I just feel that it is an over reaction to the situation and that properly done there should be no problem. As for bricks thrown at the wagon, fear, I was told of similar happening and 'go home' daubed on the van in the Bodmin ASDA car park. The short sighted Bodmin owners did not have a Cornish number plate nor any other indication that they were locals. I have both so if I use the wagon for a shopping trip I imagine I would be safe. No I think the rules are too non specific and I still can not think of a decent answer to why is it not allowed.

colinmd

You might consider, "what harm can second home owners do coming down here", as they are specifically excluded.
p.s. my number plate is area coded 50miles from my house and 40 miles from the dealers garage I brought it from, and that's on a 'new' car, just because the plate isn't local doesn't mean the owners aern't.

Last edited:

Harrytherid

Absolutely, they bring their germs with them from wherever. But a Cornish resident going to Cornwall is doing no more and probably far less than someone driving many miles to their favourite golf course.

colinmd

Last time I looked the Roseland peninsula had one of the highest death rates in the country, certainly a lot higher than where I live.

mistericeman

Some seem to think that I intend doing what I am asking about. No I just feel that it is an over reaction to the situation and that properly done there should be no problem. As for bricks thrown at the wagon, fear, I was told of similar happening and 'go home' daubed on the van in the Bodmin ASDA car park. The short sighted Bodmin owners did not have a Cornish number plate nor any other indication that they were locals. I have both so if I use the wagon for a shopping trip I imagine I would be safe. No I think the rules are too non specific and I still can not think of a decent answer to why is it not allowed.

Properly done is the 'key' bit.....

Whilst I'm confident that I'd be no problem (I'm an anti social other human avoiding type on a good day)

Some of the behavior of others I've seen locally recently has made me wince....

So AFAIC.....
We've ALL got to abide by the rules as they change to try and avoid people of the lowest common denomination....
Behaving as THEY see fit.

Derekoak

You might consider, "what harm can second home owners do coming down here", as they are specifically excluded.
p.s. my number plate is area coded 50miles from my house and 40 miles from the dealers garage I brought it from, and that's on a 'new' car, just because the plate isn't local doesn't mean the owners aern't.
I imagine the police immediately search the Dvla database, so the address you give there is what they pick up. The locals may may misinterpret the number. Vigilantes have a bad name for a reason.

phase3begins

maingate. So someone reporting a direct breach of the law and the possibility of infecting a community is a nimby?

Snapster

People say the rules or guidelines set by the government are too non specific, yet when they make specific rules, people say they are discriminatory.
They can’t win !
If you look at it like the world is suffering an almost unprecedented health emergency and that rules have been put in place in an attempt to protect people from this emergency, it makes more sense!
You can do what you you like after everything is back to normal, but for now, it’s best to not just think of yourself.

witzend

Last time I looked the Roseland peninsula had one of the highest death rates in the country, certainly a lot higher than where I live.
Down to 11 deaths in the privately run care home at Tregony run by HC 1

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:289)

mark61, izwozral, 2cv, Edina, colinmd, Dezi, sparrks, Farman, phase3begins, mistericeman, r4dent, Wully, Derekoak, twink, Clummzie, campervanannie, maingate, helen262, helmit, Alberto, wildebus, Martin P, paulhelenwilko, scampa, 1807truckman, Wooie1958, number14, Obanboy666, Tezza33, Asterix, Neckender, vanmandan, n brown, Harrers, smg, Tim120, TeamRienza, davef, alcam, groyne, trixie88, st3v3, lands43, terry111, molly 2, POI Admin, channa, Kizzy, SimonM, doglover1, ian1950, Dee, barge1914, pamjon, AdriaTwin, yorkslass, Snapster, witzend, GeoffL, brunobrian, runnach, madtheswine99, antiquesam, DorsetDrifter, Tookey, harrow, FULL TIMER, Allen, GreggBear, justRoamin, Val54, barryd, rabW, jacquigem, TJBi, argoose, 955itriple, JVG, fiona68, Nabsim, GinaRon, Geraldine, REC, caledonia, Fisherman, Mikael, Toffeecat, Nidge, Carrerasax, Adria home, clarkpeacock, Fazerloz, mariesnowgoose, Robmac, trevskoda, MrKenny, grahammay2, defender, spigot, hmssnake, Budgie, martinmartin, Biggarmac, ATwin, Winger, wints, Minisorella, Goggles, jeanette, Artichoke Annie, jagmanx, ChrisInNotts, Penny13, vtwinner, walpeter, Somerled, tripper, iampatman, SCRUMPY BOY, RSD7a, antiqueman, Aly, BlueVanMan, lahoski, highlandron, mjvw, yorkshireCPLE, Andysm, Redsky, korky, mossypossy, Doddy6, big tom, Moonraker 2, tribute11, Steve and Julie, Ribble, Mandoman, alwaysared, hanger18, Wheelie, toasty, Yelto, britcoms, jimbohorlicks, Debroos, mofish, I&MK, Donsider, ton27, sherry, Chip, silverweed, Liberty hall, ajb70, Mr and Mrs Tupcox, sonic650, pj650, GWAYGWAY, mygrassisblue, moonshadow, Victor, Buzzard, maureenandtom, Bigshug, mrdon, david0412, rjn, Babybirddog, Android, jann, ironman, Veloman, harrym, Package, Sue Paskins, Enfieldrover, dave01249, Fdhadi, i0mark0i, yorkscol, clareandpeter, Clarkster, Proverbs2329, Deneb, Skiptonian, Stevie 25, ozbit, mjhall37, bilbo, Ken Parsons, Greengrass, MikeB, Archiemutt, wildman, Justjack, dane, Peter51, Su James, myvanwy, oTTo, dlongman, in h, TonyandJo, Greytop, Andyd400, Juliet, TanyaK, Buckby, grapework, Scrumpee, robert webber, fairfieldkid, Full Member, MadRssss, Larnie, brian c, Keith777, hank, charlie356, kenno, zzr1400tim, lthoel2, Gray B, Jean, bartman, sduggan, eddyt, starfish, mikeegee123, Chris356, NeilyG, gisjbert, reiverlad, Scotia, Greenwayjay, Clubhouse, Alcfire, Winnie, mid4did, daisybrown, panlap, dezzy, john77, davep10000, Bob, Nomad, DaveP, jas900, Phump, delphin, Tapfitter, gerrevelyn, gustaylor, sdh1412, peter palance, toasterseth, quilkin, eggbeater, timatabsa, Moc, nosfunk, Nowego, paul99, Nilocck, NalaK, gettingolder2, Chasn, fiona b, cobbdu1, Yolo, wilfee, pondhoppers, noah and nelly, Durasell, Gary L, Dads Train, daviesp2, Meloc8, roadroamer, tipper trucker, smudger1949, Homenaway, Mickrick, zidane1, robertd, TangoGypsy, Freechords, Robinhood,