What is the best TV streaming device

Iain55

I'm looking for advice on the best internet tv device ?
So far I have been advised Amazon Firestick, but unsure which one, there seems to be a few types.
Or is there something else.

It depends on what you want to stream, if you have Amazon Prime then a Firestick is the best, the different types you refer to are described here but for an extra £10 the 4K firestick is faster and picks up weaker wifi signals better although in the van that shouldn't be an issue, I have a Roku stick and as well but I find the 4K firestick is perfect for my needs but I use it on a large 4K TV as well as when we are in the van, you wouldn't notice the better picture quality on a smaller TV
You can watch Britbox on a firestick but not on a Roku stick but most other apps work on a Roku which is cheaper at £30 for the HD stick and £40 for the 4K

I’ve got a 4k firestick and it works very well both in the van and on a larger screen at home. Amazon have offers on them occasionally, mine was under £30.

Prob this for tv.
stream.png

I use the Amazon Firestick for Prime Movies, Britbox and YouTube plus a lot of the Catchup/on Demand services.
I use a Now TV Device (the Now TV is a modifed Roku) for Sky Channels - Sky Cinema and occasionally Sky Entertainment.
Also can use it for Catchup and Youtube. Also can use both for Netflix.

All depends what you want to watch....
Amazon stuff - Firestick; Sky Stuff - Now TV; Britbox - Firestick; Netflix and general stuff - either.
I like the NowTV over the Roku as you can generally get it nearly for free when bundled with Sky Cinema passes, and you can get cheap passes for Sky Cinema afterwards. Not sure if the Native Roku lets you watch Sky stuff?

It depends on what you want to stream, if you have Amazon Prime then a Firestick is the best, the different types you refer to are described here but for an extra £10 the 4K firestick is faster and picks up weaker wifi signals better although in the van that shouldn't be an issue, I have a Roku stick and as well but I find the 4K firestick is perfect for my needs but I use it on a large 4K TV as well as when we are in the van, you wouldn't notice the better picture quality on a smaller TV
You can watch Britbox on a firestick but not on a Roku stick but most other apps work on a Roku which is cheaper at £30 for the HD stick and £40 for the 4K
I’ve got Prime, which is what I use most, thanks.

We use firestick home and in Spain Portugal France. Great itv hub Netflix and others.
With 3 go Bing it's doesn't come out your data on Netflix.

I have not one clue what wildebus is talking about,i thought there were only a couple of chanels,what happened to m miles and h green show.

Only wildebus knows what wildebus is talking about, but thank god he knows what he’s talking because nobody else does. :)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back