What hair drier ?

Mike24

Just wondered if anybody can suggest
A suitable hair drier either good 12v
Or we have a 1500w invertor we could use
I no we can use a normal hair drier when on hookup but we want to be able to offside
Thankyou
Mr baker

I have one. You could honestly blow harder with your breath, no exaggeration. And it trips the fuse if I use it from the leisure battery, I don't know if it would be better with the engine battery.

Thanks for all suggestions keep them coming
Just want best one for my wife's average length hair

:)
towel.jpg

Hum the hairdryer question ...
so I always read these living in hope of a answer ...
you can buy an expensive inverter because it’s outage needs to be huge to power a normal hairdryer and even then off grid it’s going to chew through your batteries. I expect someone can find the technical info for this.
I use one of these on a 1500 inverter with the engine running on special occasions lol
DB3BB53B-E54A-4320-8D32-0C33BC87E059.png

Simple and inexpensive. Wind down passenger window, stick wet head out through it and then drive the van as if you had just stolen it for a few miles, job done. Then brush out all the accumulated wildlife, just so easy and cheap too 🥂

Hum the hairdryer question ...
so I always read these living in hope of a answer ...
you can buy an expensive inverter because it’s outage needs to be huge to power a normal hairdryer and even then off grid it’s going to chew through your batteries. I expect someone can find the technical info for this.
I use one of these on a 1500 inverter with the engine running on special occasions lol
View attachment 86827
Never seen these

Simple and inexpensive. Wind down passenger window, stick wet head out through it and then drive the van as if you had just stolen it for a few miles, job done. Then brush out all the accumulated wildlife, just so easy and cheap too 🥂
No doubt you have tested this already
Ha ha !

Never seen these
I only have fine bob length hair so this is ok. I spend a lot of time looking for 24 volt anywhere I can sneak to dry my hair properly. I do ask as well and get great results
Seven years in full timing and the natural look rules most of the time. I hate it but others think it’s ok lol

Everything in a van has to be dual use this doubles as a fan to keep you or your dog cool but then doubles as a hair dryer though it takes a while. 😂😂

05FE4E7A-7FD8-4B5E-B055-C70663956BD7.jpeg

I haven't got wash and go hair at all, so getting my mop dried and tamed has been a huge challenge in the van, especially in the winter. I coped for quite a while with gas canister devices like this... fine for short trips but not great for the hair over time.

In the end I bit the bullet and went down the increased solar/batteries/inverter route. It's tough to find a hairdryer these days that doesn't demand over 2000w but they are out there. I use a 1200w one now, teamed with a hotbrush that uses 500w. Mine's vaguely like this but is an older model, using less power...

There's also this one at 500w...

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back