What did u do to the van today

bedonwheels

Checked the security of the awning on my van, only 3 years after I fitted it :-0 all was well :).. oh and whilst doing it a damn fly landed on my not inconsiderable nose and in the nanosecond it took to swipe it off it bit me the little s*it...quite painful :-(

Last edited:

trevskoda

Cut and painted a panel to seal behind the compressor fridge im fitting,also bolted in and wired up the inverter for it.

Hallmut

Back down to storage this evening, and made a bath bomb to clean the twin grey waste tanks. Milton, splodge of Domestos, 2 litres of Coca Cola and some Bicarbonate of soda. Topped up with H2O. Sat in back garden now, waiting for the loud bang. :D

Spacerunner

Repaired offside marker light. Lots of corrosion. How does it do that so quickly when it has an o ring, rubber gaiter and grease to protect it!

mickymost

Went into my garden looked at my camper,smiled at it remembering the happier times (wife scared to go anywhere due to China) then carried on gardening

REC

Topped up the electric, made the bed up for grandson who is sleeping in it Saturday night :)

trevskoda

Patted mine on the bum and said what a nice girl you are taking me out yesterday,im talking about the van.

The laird

Put the ehu on Friday night and fired up fridge Friday night
today Saturday loaded up ready to shoot away for sat night as soon as the boss comes back from 😳IKEA with my daughter in law ffs ,
got the bbq food ready to put into fridge once I shift the Helmsley brewery beer moved mmmmmmmmm👏🏻

Hallmut

Replaced my fridge vents. I removed all the flaking paint off the 'Condenser pipes?' and sprayed them with GT 85, at some point, I'll replace the Fridge.
Now the good bit. There was hardly any rust around the cutout panels and none where the screws fit. Me and my neighbour had a look at the back of the Van's panel's. They are Galvanized. Probably explains why it's in such good condition. I'm going to see if Mercedes will supply the build spec', for this vehicle. Whoever cut the panel must have been pissed though.
20200801_114317.jpg
20200801_114306.jpg
20200801_133854.jpg

RichardHelen262

Actually got to drive it again today for a trip to Peterborough motorhome show, even though there wasn’t anything I needed to buy I seem to have bought plenty

Hallmut

Fit an under cupoard LED strip lamp above the sink, so I can see to wash up, without having main lamps on.
I was going to make a start removing the old D-Tech, twin bulb external lights, but popping the cover off the front one, revealed a mass of wiring. I decided to see if I can get a wiring diagram before tackling them. I'm replacing with LED lamps.
Beer is starting to get in the way of rational thought as well.

in h

Replaced my fridge vents. I removed all the flaking paint off the 'Condenser pipes?' and sprayed them with GT 85, at some point, I'll replace the Fridge.
Now the good bit. There was hardly any rust around the cutout panels and none where the screws fit. Me and my neighbour had a look at the back of the Van's panel's. They are Galvanized. Probably explains why it's in such good condition. I'm going to see if Mercedes will supply the build spec', for this vehicle. Whoever cut the panel must have been pissed though.View attachment 84921
Those pipes are in a bit of a state. Does it live near the sea?

Hallmut

Those pipes are in a bit of a state. Does it live near the sea?
No. But the conversion seems to have been donated by a nice caravan around 11 years ago. God knows how old that was. Actually the owner before me used to stay in Portugal for the winter, and parked at beaches. I've tapped on the pipes and they still ring, no dull thud yet. It'll be getting a new fridge in a couple of years.

in h

No. But the conversion seems to have been donated by a nice caravan around 11 years ago. God knows how old that was. Actually the owner before me used to stay in Portugal for the winter, and parked at beaches. I've tapped on the pipes and they still ring, no dull thud yet.
Ah, that might explain it. So why are you planing to replace it, if it is in working order?

Hallmut

Ah, that might explain it. So why are you planing to replace it, if it is in working order?
I'm considering going solar, with roof panels, so thought about getting a compressor type fridge.