What are you doing/going to do to pass the next few months when you can't be travelling around?

wildebus

Catching up on house DIY? Writing that novel you always planned to do? Watching the complete box sets of The Sopranos or The West Wing?

Beginning of this year I started up a hobby I had as a youngster and also restarted around 9 years ago for a few years. This will keep me occupied until the weather is warm enough to go outside and do stuff in the garden or to the van (as I am in Scotland, that should be late June).
That hobby was model-making and this was my first build of 2020 (a kit that I also made back in 1975 when it first came out)

Airfix 1/24 Scale - Hawker Harrier (Kit #A18003)

What are your plans for your internment?

Asterix

I would've thought this is the perfect time to hit the road and see the sights,lot less people around the tourist spots,less traffic on the roads as the economy comes to a standstill and fuel prices should start dropping at the pump. Unfortunately for me I have to be back at work on the first of May.

mjvw

Catching up on house DIY? Writing that novel you always planned to do? Watching the complete box sets of The Sopranos or The West Wing?

Beginning of this year I started up a hobby I had as a youngster and also restarted around 9 years ago for a few years. This will keep me occupied until the weather is warm enough to go outside and do stuff in the garden or to the van (as I am in Scotland, that should be late June).
That hobby was model-making and this was my first build of 2020 (a kit that I also made back in 1975 when it first came out)

Going to catch up on household DIY lots to do, might polish the motorbike a few times, and just sit on it pretending" I'm rolling down the A66 getting my kicks" Park the camper outside the house rig up the hook up cable to come from the houses upstairs bedroom onto the camper roof and down the ladder to the electric hook up point. That way i can self isolate if required away for the better half and will still have access to our household Wifi etc. But I'm under 70 so may have to go to work:( Love the model this winter i built VW split screen camper VW samba bus
However not to the standard above but really enjoyed it (y)

izwozral

Get the veg plot seeded. My guess is, veg will be expensive this year due to lack from abroad 'cos of Corana virus and the fields are so saturated in the UK, farmers can't plough the land.

Got loads of wood in the garage so will also be making a few things when the inspiration hits me.

wildebus

I've got some of the VW Buses to do also. I am thinking I might make one on a weekend when I would normally have been at a VW show (keeping a connection to the real world kind of that way?)

mjvw

Have to say the quality of the kit was brilliant got my on eye on the VW T3 camper next detailing looks great.

mossypossy

I tried to build that Harrier also in 1975.
Gave up on it then. Fuselage would not fit over engine.

NeilyG

Might have lots of quizzes. What was it Airfix used to make before models again??? :unsure:

(I will be going OUTSIDE to get some EXCERCISE, as I think it will be better than ‘lockdown‘ indoors.)
🚴‍♀️⚽🏏⛷🏂🤸‍♀️🏇🧘‍♂️🏊‍♀️🚣‍♀️🧗‍♀️🏹

Last edited:

Obanboy666

Still going to travel around the north west of Scotland as I do 6/8 times every year. Less chance of contracting the virus up there than staying at home imho.
I have 3 appointments this week, heart team, consultant and bloods. Considering the number of people they all meet throughout their working day if I’m going to get it I reckon it will be from one of these !

maingate

Still going to travel around the north west of Scotland as I do 6/8 times every year. Less chance of contracting the virus up there than staying at home imho.
I have 3 appointments this week, heart team, consultant and bloods. Considering the number of people they all meet throughout their working day if I’m going to get it I reckon it will be from one of these !
My GP Surgery are moving to video conferencing instead of face to face visits. Good luck with that one I say. I can use a computer but have no idea how to do that. :giggle:

I have a sore throat and cold symptoms, I bet they don't want me anywhere near the Surgery. I will find out when I ring them later about my COPD check. ;)

mariesnowgoose

Good luck, Jim, fingers crossed, and you're a tough old bugha like me ;)

I will be gardening, gardening and more gardening.

Interspersed with getting my dusty concertina out of its box and flexing my fingers again.

There are way too many jobs and projects around this place for me to ever get bored - in fact, 4 months isolation is nowhere near enough for me to crack them all! 😁

maingate

Good luck, Jim, fingers crossed, and you're a tough old bugha like me ;)

I will be gardening, gardening and more gardening.

Interspersed with getting my dusty concertina out of its box and flexing my fingers again.

There are way too many jobs and projects around this place for me to ever get bored - in fact, 4 months isolation is nowhere near enough for me to crack them all! 😁
I spoke to the Receptionist and have an appointment to see the Practice Nurse in 6 weeks time. The Doctors are keeping the Patients at arms length and making the Nurse do the face to face stuff. :oops:

She is young, blonde and very pretty .... I can't wait. 💋