What a laugh !

channa

Bad dialysis session at the weekend my fistula blew the nurse managed to puncture the vein it hsppens ! To add insult to injury my arm makes me look like s drug addict just through normal needling like harpoons Today another needlin despite the tender bruising ...and the added benefit of stitches removed from my chest ...tomorrow day off to Leeds hospital in preparation for a complete clearance ..part of the gig to get on the transplant register . Eh and I am one of the lucky ones I know that we have options ...but a little vent and moan first thing on a Monday is good for the soul Have a great week folks
An account upgrade is required to view more of this post.

Fisherman

One thing I learnt, and you obviously have to Andrew is, there is always someone worse off than yourself. All the very best to you in the future Andrew. Hope all goes well for you in Leeds tommorow.

mariesnowgoose

Ooo! Thinking of you, you must be starting to look like a colander... those nurses are all bl**dy vampires if you ask me 😂🤣 Hope it all goes well with the hospital tomorrow. Oh, and keep venting as much as you like! 😉 😁 xx

n brown

yes , being a human pincushion loses its appeal after a while , and the nurses start to look like this after a while, but at least you know it's all in a very good cause ! best of ,mate

trevskoda

Dont want to see any of this as im of for blood test and pass out at sight of a needle. :cry:

R0B

That's rotten for you @channa. It may be a while down the line but it looks like better news coming for sufferers:- https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2019-11/ason-awa110519.php

REC

Your poor arms! At least you can wear long sleeves in the cold weather. Good luck with Leeds....vent as often as you need to, everyone needs to sometimes!

GinaRon

Vent all you lie best of luck at the hospital or as Marie calls horsepiddle. Take care and keep us informed.

trixie88

oooooo....awwww that looks really sore andrew..... you are very brave having all this treatment..........good luck on your visit to the hospital.....lets hope they can sort something for you soon..........v vent all you want.......a vent is good.....saves the kettle boiling...............bit like .aving a good cry........it dont change things....but it makes you feel a bit better..............and more able to cope,,,,,,take care

Obanboy666

My late wife eventually had a Hickman line fitted to her collar bone area after they started to struggle to find a vein in either of her arms after 2 1/2 years of chemo. Apart from she couldn’t go swimming for fear of infection it made the next year of chemo much easier.

channa

Hickman lines are a cat line occasionally used for dialysis I had a tesio line needs to be covered when showering and swimming has been off the agenda .with ckd they prefer fistula because less chance of infection and the blood volume per session is in theory higher I had my line out 10 days ago and ironically stitches out today , gathering small scars as a momentous ... First proper shower and soak for 15 months .......the joys not having to contort

BusyLizzy

I think it is is fair to say that the average age of the camper/ motorhomer veers to the middle age plus , because of opportunity to use the vehicle and the funds to buy and maintain . Unless you have a j highly paid job or you decide to live in your van. Going on age.....I retired earlier than I would have wanted. Not through choice . I can not wait until B retires next year. By default an older group are going to suffer old er age conditions . It makes me sad to hear of people who have travelled as couples and are now widows or widowers. So tonight, for everyone who is missing a loved one why not tell us a tale that made you laugh or whatever about a loved one. I have lost people important to me and I love the opportunity to be able to mention them , what they may have thought of a tv programme , or whatever.

Last edited:

trevskoda

They would have to knock me out first before going through what you have had done,keep you chin up and remember summer in 6/7 mths. ;)

jeanette

Keep venting Andrew it’s good for the soul,so they say!..and good luck at the “horsepiddle”

Allen

I can sympathise more than most as my fistula blew a few times when on dialysis. It hurts! I'm sure you'll agree when I say kidney patients aren't brave. It's what we have to do to survive. Best of luck with your upcoming hospital visits to get on the register, and hoping to hear good news in the future.

REC

're Hickman or other central line.....we used to have some patients use a stoma bag to protect the entry site in the shower ( one lady did use one when swimming too!) In case you know anyone who might find it useful. Often the manufacturer will send samples for you to try. About time a proper one for the job was invented..... Edit....they have But blooming expensive! https://www.amazon.co.uk/Waterproof-Catheter-17-78cm-Shower-Shield/dp/B00I0WB0HM

Last edited: