Whale boiler

Billy617

Free Member
Hi, I’m wondering if anyone can tell me where a loose wire on my whale WH1302(B) Water heater should Be attached? Hopefully there is a photo attached to this post?
Thanks!
247640CC-7C5A-4F06-BDC7-36B1385627BD.jpeg
9080345C-683C-4035-9107-F9A9A7F1E16D.jpeg

looks to me like the wire to the spark electrode ,or the spark generator ,and it's been loose for a while . you'll soon see if you get to the burner

when i aw the title to this post ,i thought ' my -this chap likes his fish and chips'

I'm with Nige. Does it go to the spark electrode? It would appear to be off of the HT terminal on the bottom left of the PCB, if you can see a bit of soldered wire on there I'd be more sure :) What is the writing the other side of that terminal?

I think that's the igniter wire. The outer covering is thick, waxy plastic, not the normal pvc. It leads to the spark electrode at the burner end, and to the thing that generates the high voltage at the detached end. My first guess would be into an orifice on that orange thing in the picture, but on looking more closely, I think it may go to the terminal at the very bottom left, which is labelled "HT" It presumably should have a female spade connector on the end, but at that voltage, just about anything secure will do

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back