Went to the pub tonight.

izwozral

Our local advertised on a sign outside that it will be open between 6:00 - 7:30 for take away curry and beer. I wondered what was going on so rang the landlord. He said that there is a curry menu and beer menu in the window and to ring through with an order. Had a chat with Izzy and said why not, it may just keep our local going and it will give me a break from cooking after a hard day in the garden. So we ordered a goat curry and a lamb Kashmir with rice. At the allotted time we go for our food and beer, back door was open, we walked in, landlord behind the bar tells us there are six beers on, all at £2.50 a pint. He tells us to pick up a Tetra pack either 1 pint, 2 pint or 9 pint, go behind the bar, choose which beer, tear off a piece of kitchen towel, wrap it around the pump and pour beer, dispose of kitchen towel. Then we were directed to a table where our food would be placed in a carrier bag, we then paid contactless. Landlord told me he is getting around 10 orders a night...
An account upgrade is required to view more of this post.

trevskoda

A landlord who lives on my delivery has set up barrels of beer in his front garden for people to bring a container and help them selves with a sign stating not to congregate told me he would rather give it away than Chuck it down the drain had a few pints of stout very nice And how do they pour it with out touching any part of the keg unless you carry wipes,our car and home has a full kit and we wipe every thing from shops including the trolley handles and tins of food. One other thing,what part of stay indoors do folk not get,beer is not food,stay safe folks.

mariesnowgoose

And how do they pour it with out touching any part of the keg unless you carry wipes,our car and home has a full kit and we wipe every thing from shops including the trolley handles and tins of food. One other thing,what part of stay indoors do folk not get,beer is not food,stay safe folks. I wouldn't tell Robmac, Stonedaddy and Wully, Trev, you'll make 'em very depressed! ;)😁

mariesnowgoose

Our local advertised on a sign outside that it will be open between 6:00 - 7:30 for take away curry and beer. I wondered what was going on so rang the landlord. He said that there is a curry menu and beer menu in the window and to ring through with an order. Had a chat with Izzy and said why not, it may just keep our local going and it will give me a break from cooking after a hard day in the garden. So we ordered a goat curry and a lamb Kashmir with rice. At the allotted time we go for our food and beer, back door was open, we walked in, landlord behind the bar tells us there are six beers on, all at £2.50 a pint. He tells us to pick up a Tetra pack either 1 pint, 2 pint or 9 pint, go behind the bar, choose which beer, tear off a piece of kitchen towel, wrap it around the pump and pour beer, dispose of kitchen towel. Then we were directed to a table where our food would be placed in a carrier bag, we then paid contactless. Landlord told me he is getting around 10 orders a night...

Steve and Julie

And how do they pour it with out touching any part of the keg unless you carry wipes,our car and home has a full kit and we wipe every thing from shops including the trolley handles and tins of food. One other thing,what part of stay indoors do folk not get,beer is not food,stay safe folks. I have hand gell in my van so I was ok was there delivering his mail so wasn't a special trip day off today so haven't been hoping there is some left tomorrow when I deliver again to him

Robmac

A rather nice message from our local landlord and shows how hard he works for the community - 22 years without a break!! There is nothing better than having a good local Ral. Mine is quite unique and a very good sense of community. Everybody knows each other and from all walks of life. The landlord is a real grump, always moaning about something, yet nobody would change him. His grumpiness makes everybody laugh and we all take the p1ss out of him, plus it gives everybody something to talk about.

izwozral

There is nothing better than having a good local Ral. Mine is quite unique and a very good sense of community. Everybody knows each other and from all walks of life. The landlord is a real grump, always moaning about something, yet nobody would change him. His grumpiness makes everybody laugh and we all take the p1ss out of him, plus it gives everybody something to talk about. Whats it called Rob and where is it?

Robmac

Whats it called Rob and where is it? Ye Old Sun, Huntingdon Street, St Neots. http://yeoldesun.moonfruit.com/photos/4564090614 Quite a lot of 'characters' in there, a few villains too. In fact some right bloody hard cases which is good because it means that there is rarely any trouble in there!

izwozral

Ye Old Sun, Huntingdon Street, St Neots. http://yeoldesun.moonfruit.com/photos/4564090614 Quite a lot of 'characters' in there, a few villains too. In fact some right bloody hard cases which is good because it means that there is rarely any trouble in there! Couldn't see the beers they had on pump, do they rotate or is it the same beers each time? Seems to have good reviews across the board, it's great having a good local innit.

Robmac

Couldn't see the beers they had on pump, do they rotate or is it the same beers each time? Seems to have good reviews across the board, it's great having a good local innit. There are some bad reviews about Pete the landlord Ral, some are quite funny. The barmaids have started giving out loyalty cards which read; Buy a pint and get a FREE scowl of disapproval from the landlord. Collect a total of 5 scowls or stares of disbelief and trade them for a FREE shrug of apathy! He was not amused. Beers rotate, but he usually has Woodforde's Wherry, Timothy Taylor's landlord and John Smith's. At the moment he also has London Pride which is one of my favourites. He may be a misery, but he keeps an excellent pint which is recognised very widely.