Wells Norfolk

Greytop

Hi,
Does anyone know anywhere to stop overnight in Wells? I am happy to stay on a campsite even, unfortunately I have contacted all of them and they are totally full during July and August. I need to be there for a couple of nights from 28th July.

There’s a few pois on the Online Map, a couple of restricted access ones not far away look very nice.

Hi,
Does anyone know anywhere to stop overnight in Wells? I am happy to stay on a campsite even, unfortunately I have contacted all of them and they are totally full during July and August. I need to be there for a couple of nights from 28th July.

Kind of defeats the argument about using campsites.

We were there three years ago Greytop, it’s a stunning small city. England’s smallest city.
The archbishops residence with the moat surrounding it was special. The cathedral and it’s surrounding streets were equally stunning. I hope you get a space ok and Covid does not impact on your visit.

Kind of defeats the argument about using campsites.

We were there three years ago Greytop, it’s a stunning small city. England’s smallest city.
The archbishops residence with the moat surrounding it was special. The cathedral and it’s surrounding streets were equally stunning. I hope you get a space ok and Covid does not impact on your visit.
The op asked about Wells Norfolk, think you are talking about Wells in Somerset?

I must need to take a trip to Barnard Castle for an eye test, I can't see any mention of Norfolk in the OP's post! I too assumed he was referring to Wells in Somerset rather than Wells-next-the-Sea

There's some derelict land close by owned by an older couple. I don't think they would mind you parking up for a couple of nights. Only problems you might have, is the old fella, tears around in a Range Rover, and has been known to turn it over, plus bloody Corgis, they've got hundreds of them. Oh! And a son who's reluctant to go to America anytime soon.

There's some derelict land close by owned by an older couple. I don't think they would mind you parking up for a couple of nights. Only problems you might have, is the old fella, tears around in a Range Rover, and has been known to turn it over, plus bloody Corgis, they've got hundreds of them. Oh! And a son who's reluctant to go to America anytime soon.
I have heard about them, if you know them could you ask them for me. Problem is I have heard they are a totally dysfunctional family. One of their sons, I have heard, talks to his plants and pretends to be green, while travelling everywhere either in a helicopter or range rover. Mind you they do have a plot of land in Central London too which could be useful.

The plot in London is handy for central London and very secure !

The main tenants also seem able to "offload unliked relatives"

Well (or should it be Wells) you learn something everyday
I thought "Sandringham" was in Suffolk !! doh
Not familiar with East Anglia !
1st time 1970s day trip
2nd Time 2017 for 1 week Bury St Edmunds and Wroxham (motorhome)
Normally good with "Geography"..even better now !

Problem is I have heard they are a totally dysfunctional family. One of their sons, I have heard, talks to his plants and pretends to be green, while travelling everywhere either in a helicopter or range rover.
Never marry your cousin .

Hi,
There is a nice flat piece of hardstanding on the A149 Mill road just outside the town at the bend. I don't know who owns it but people park there to walk their dogs and visit Holkham. You might like to chance it! There are no prohibitive signs or gates.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back