Weather, where you are

trevskoda

Weather been ok here. Replaced my outside lights with led lamps and very happy with them. Ordered two Little Wenlock Aga multi fuel stoves from Stoves R Us today for sitting room and snug. Great little stoves I had one in my old house and at £600 each it’s a bargain.
A few more pennies would buy oil to heat the whole house for a year.

Cass

After a wet and night night woke this morning to the dreaded drip drip sound, wet patch on the ceiling and wet plaster all down the side of the bedroom window, only had a complete new roof 3 years ago, hopefully it will be covered :( on the upside at leastthevan is dry.

trixie88

wet,windy, cold, miserable///////all this take of wood burning stoves....they sound wonderful.......probably rather expensive if you dont have your own supply of logs................
was thinking of having open fire in the back room......

caledonia

wet,windy, cold, miserable///////all this take of wood burning stoves....they sound wonderful.......probably rather expensive if you dont have your own supply of logs................
was thinking of having open fire in the back room......
Open fire isn’t very efficient with all the heat going up the lum. Average stove is75% efficient compared to 20% with an open fire.

trixie88

Open fire isn’t very efficient with all the heat going up the lum. Average stove is75% efficient compared to 20% with an open fire.
aye and all the work of cleaning said fire and coal..then getting it started.....i forgot about all that........just imagined the lovely open fire...lol.......

trevskoda

Well its darker than a cave right now but BBC weater chart says good friday,thank heavens as yet a run to hospital to see wifes dad in the hart ward,not doing to good as on oxegen and all the other wired in tools.
Dont think its going to be a good xmas.

jeanette

Hope your f/I/L pulls through trev and you’s have a good Christmas

The weather was a lot dreich this morning then it stopped raining and the sun got out and then the wind started now it’s blowing a hoolie and it’s also cold

Pauljenny

Sorry, I've been hibernating.
Have I missed much. ?

Arrived, yesterday in sodden, Floodbound Wrenbury. It's a sultry 8 degrees and sunny, now.
So we're moving on to Albrighton, where it will be a temperate -2, overnight.
Only 5 more sleeps, before wer'e forced to return to Portugal..

trixie88

very, very cold...........however.....dry with not much wind........was blowing like a hurrican thru the night tho......
put central heating on this morning......up to now not making much difference..think i need to turn it up a bit.......
hope none of you got flooded yesterday