We Survived ;)

Penny13

Well our first weekend out of our utopia at the campsite into a full blown weekend of no social distancing and the usual mess in the toilets and showers.
When we clean we are taking every precaution to protect ourselves.
Children do wash their hands schools have taught them adults do not, children do not social distance and adults struggle with it. So we keep ourselves safe, say no to the BBQ invite next weekend and carry on wardening in this strange time.
Everyone was good tempered and the children had a ball.
We have given out rules ref gov guidelines to everyone and before we get into trouble for not enforcing it even the police can’t efficiently.
Happy camping ⛺

We're all in different times.
As you say people can't get to grip with the new regime, all you can do is try and stay safe.
Hopefully you make it through and then you can get back travelling later in the year.
👍🤞

Well our first weekend out of our utopia at the campsite into a full blown weekend of no social distancing and the usual mess in the toilets and showers.
When we clean we are taking every precaution to protect ourselves.
Children do wash their hands schools have taught them adults do not, children do not social distance and adults struggle with it. So we keep ourselves safe, say no to the BBQ invite next weekend and carry on wardening in this strange time.
Everyone was good tempered and the children had a ball.
We have given out rules ref gov guidelines to everyone and before we get into trouble for not enforcing it even the police can’t efficiently.
Happy camping ⛺

You have to wait 14 days to find out if you survived .. :)

You survived your first weekend, but you’ve a lot more to survive until the end of season. It can only get worse.

Hope we get a minus 25c winter to kill the bug.

Opposite way round according to some scientists, Trev.
Heat kills it, so some say, but it has to be plus 25 degrees C, not minus.

According to some scientists the virus survives a whole lot longer in cold temperatures, eg. your fridge, freezer etc.

Trouble is, which of the so-called 'experts' do you choose to believe, if any? :unsure::cautious:

Opposite way round according to some scientists, Trev.
Heat kills it, so some say, but it has to be plus 25 degrees C, not minus.

According to some scientists the virus survives a whole lot longer in cold temperatures, eg. your fridge, freezer etc.

Trouble is, which of the so-called 'experts' do you choose to believe, if any? :unsure::cautious:

I think what we can be sure of with this virus is that there will be another wave :(

Dont know whats there going to do with schools at start of term,teachers union here say they are not care workers or deep cleaners and have not been trained to do so and dont want to do,even told us its not compulsery for us to send kids back and there will not inform.
A i see it the whole thing is a mess,they could of had a skip year but then there is the problem of parents having to go back to work so where would the kids go. :unsure:

Dont know whats there going to do with schools at start of term,teachers union here say they are not care workers or deep cleaners and have not been trained to do so and dont want to do,even told us its not compulsery for us to send kids back and there will not inform.
A i see it the whole thing is a mess,they could of had a skip year but then there is the problem of parents having to go back to work so where would the kids go. :unsure:
Oh someone will sting me for saying this. But maybe, just maybe times might need to go back and one of the parents might have to stay at home and look after their children rather than sending them into school or childcare for a change... While the other goes to work. Has anybody got a big tin hat for me??????😬

Oh someone will sting me for saying this. But maybe, just maybe times might need to go back and one of the parents might have to stay at home and look after their children rather than sending them into school or childcare for a change... While the other goes to work. Has anybody got a big tin hat for me??????😬

I was brung up like that. :)
My mother didn't go back to work until I was in my early teens.

Things are very different now. I know one or two friends who flew in the face of modern convention when they had their kids, but you have to be strong-minded to do it - either that, or well enough off or content with the one wage coming in.

Don't always have the luxury to do that today. Depends on what work you do and whether you can afford to live on modern-day minimum wages.

I was brung up like that. :)
My mother didn't go back to work until I was in my early teens.

Things are very different now. I know one or two friends who flew in the face of modern convention when they had their kids, but you have to be strong-minded to do it - either that, or well enough off or content with the one wage coming in.

Don't always have the luxury to do that today. Depends on what work you do and whether you can afford to live on modern-day minimum wages.
Hi I know what you mean. To be honest people can live on one wage, we are living proof. The wife works full time (we'll did until put on furlough) and I'm unable to due to health and disability since 2008 when our kids were young and still in school.
We had to learn to do without, which is what alot of folk aren't prepared to do. I have not been able to claim any benefits but that's down to government/benefit testing being so poor as alot of you know about. So we coped with less then an average wage so know it can be done if needed..

When I saw the headline for this thread my thoughts went straight to this T shirt from 1979 (is it really over 40 years ago !)

I think the small print still applies.

i survived .jpg

We've had 3 schools recently with Covid outbreaks as more pupils have gone back. All dealt with swiftly. Schools closed for a 2 day deep clean, children and families identified and isolated. Schools up and running again in a short space of time. Teachers are going to have to step up like the rest of us who have "Had" to work through this. This isn't a rant just reality.

The Teachers seemed to be treated differently from Medical Staff. My next door neighbours are both Teachers. He is ethnically Nigerian and has been informed that he will not be called upon to return to work before September at least. Given that a large percentage of front line Medical Staff are BAME, it does not sound like a level playing field, especially as my neighbour is young and very fit (he teaches Physics and PE).

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back