Wax Oiling

• Thread starter Deleted member 86180
  • Start date
Insurance is what I’m thinking 🤔 don’t like to store up trouble unnecessarily. The guy seems genuine enough and said he’d take pictures of the cleaning and treatment. He is also happy to show me the finished job while the van is still jacked up. Date booked unless Covid delays things!
Could I ask where you are and where you have booked in, please.
I have got a vehicle that I would like to get treated underneath...
Many thanks...👍

Could I ask where you are and where you have booked in, please.
I have got a vehicle that I would like to get treated underneath...
Many thanks...👍
Weed Speed, down past the ‘pink digger’. 460555.

There are some interesting comments on this site about the benefits of using Waxoyl as opposed to Dinitrol and rust converters. I'm quite tempted by the price of £750 plus VAT for a motorhome as an alternative to geting covered in the stuff myself and still not doing a complete job. Apart from that the last car I did was over 20 years ago and I'm past the age when I would consider doing it again!
Has anybody used this business?
https://before-n-after.co.uk/rust-converter.html

There are some interesting comments on this site about the benefits of using Waxoyl as opposed to Dinitrol and rust converters. I'm quite tempted by the price of £750 plus VAT for a motorhome as an alternative to geting covered in the stuff myself and still not doing a complete job. Apart from that the last car I did was over 20 years ago and I'm past the age when I would consider doing it again!
Has anybody used this business?
https://before-n-after.co.uk/rust-converter.html

Have a looksy on some of the landrover forums regarding that particular firm....

I wouldn't go near them..... With a very rusty stick

Have a looksy on some of the landrover forums regarding that particular firm....

I wouldn't go near them..... With a very rusty stick
Thanks, I've had a quick look on Landyzone, he certainly doesn't seem to be flavour of the month there!

Grit blasting is the only way to remove rust, so called rust removing chems are crap and dont work, they just change it to look black.
Have you not seen the laser rust removers, really good but you would need to take out a mortgage to buy one.

Have you not seen the laser rust removers, really good but you would need to take out a mortgage to buy one.
Yes but for special jobs and no way for large outside work like i used to do.
oil tank.jpg

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back