Water Pump

pamjon

I have a Fiamma Aqua 8 water pump which has a filter on it. How often does one clean these filters on water pumps? I know this seems how long is a peace of string but do they normally need cleaning every so often. The reason i am asking is because it is in an a difficult place to remove.
Thanks pj

I don't have that particular pump but mine does have a filter on it, I clean it every Spring but to be honest it has never needed cleaning

Sorry I don’t know the answer to your filter question but the length of a piece of string is twice half it’s length.

I just checked the filter on my pump after about four years.

Nothing in it whatsoever.

I suggest that if you're only filling from mains water connections it's not an issue.

Last winter our filter froze and split, so I replaced it with a length of pipe. Apart from washing, most of the water we use is boiled anyway

I check the inside of my tank once a year if whats inside has sediment I drain and check the filter if its clear I do neither

Here's a parts diagram.
Looks like 4 screws through the cover

Screenshot_20191120-225433_Chrome.jpg

As others have said, domestic water filters seldom seem to need cleaning. However, depending on the setup (and I'm not familiar with this Fiamma pump with integrated filter), it may be advisable to ensure that there is no water left in the filter if you drain the system over winter to prevent freezing.

Last winter our filter froze and split, so I replaced it with a length of pipe. Apart from washing, most of the water we use is boiled anyway

The filter is to protect the pump from foreign objects. It’s just a mesh filter certainly no good for filtering water. The one we had on the boat froze and broke the plastic cap. Managed to glue it back together and then wrapped it round with carbon fibre and epoxy.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back