Water and Gas

madtheswine99

I have a campervan and the water is supplied by two 10l plastic water jerry cans. I havent used the van for quite a while due to lockdown but when I went to get the jerry can to fill it there was a small amount in the can but it wasnt very nice looking. Also the pipe had black residue on it. What I would like to know is what is the best way to store the jerry cans and what do you do with the pipe? Also when we were away a chap in a Motorhome we got talking to said you have to change the gas pipe every 5 years? is this true? and why?

mjvw

Gas pipe rubbeR pipe should have data imprinted on it, if unsure just change it, better to be safe than sorry. Water clean them out I use purivlean.
Pipes can perish and that's not good I would just change the gas rubber pipe

Last edited:

mfw

if the jerry cans are clear plastic ,paint them black . no light-no gunge
Be better to drain them if not in use - if you paint them black and leave water in them you will get the slime in there like some unused taps have and you wont see it - put your hand in a fitted tank they have slime in sometimes depending if water has been in there a while

mistericeman

British army water Jerry cans....

Black and very hard wearing (we've used them for years for water at landrover events we used to host)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)