Watching TV in a van?

I have tried two August TV tuner that works with Android tablets/phones. I would NOT recommend it to anyone, its current consumption is high and flattens the tablets battery quickly. It makes a better heater than it does TV tuner.

Another negative is that while the USB tuner is plugged in the device can't be charged either.

Cant you download Iplayer on your tablet and download some bbc programs to watch will your away. I download the lower spec and you can’t tell the difference I quality and I get enough for a weeks watching although it does depend on how many hours you watch. There is no cost involved, but it depends on how much space you have on your tablet. If you need more space delete some other stuff and put it back on on your return

Get a mobile phone plan with unlimited data. Download all the catchup apps onto your tab plus the Freeview app and use your mobile as a hotspot and tether your tab to it using the mobile data. I actually use my iPhone 6 Plus for everything including watching tv programmes without a tab.

Being a cheapskate and not wanting an overt roof aerial when in 'stealth' mode... I recommend an ASDA £10 indoor aerial, it performs well but in poor reception areas I use a reflector made up out of some copper from a water tank, now that works a treat...

TV AERIAL VAN.jpeg

Being a cheapskate and not wanting an overt roof aerial when in 'stealth' mode... I recommend an ASDA £10 indoor aerial, it performs well but in poor reception areas I use a reflector made up out of some copper from a water tank, now that works a treat...

View attachment 84797

Are you watching the telly outside a tube station?

Ha ha I couldn’t miss Coronation Street, but I managed to get a tv with built in Netflix and use 4G WiFi from Three for the signal!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back