Warning about A-Frame towing

Some here in Belfast go to outskirts where i live which is about 7 miles from city centre.
Thing is everyone forgets about child labour digging up the cr-p for batteries, there is no such thing as a clean invioment.View attachment 127419View attachment 127420
It is estimated that oil spills in the Niger Delta alone kill 16,000 young children a year, yes you read that right, 16,000 a year, you are right there will always be those dying due to our want to drive, but lets put the issue straight and show what is the worse.

Child labour is used for many things Trev, I think that's a different issue, and I believe the newest batteries have reduced the amount of Cobalt used, some are Cobalt free now, I think?
I'm all in favour of electric public transport, but using a diesel generator to charge buses doesn't tick my boxes. Still we don't know, it may be a stop gap while bus depo is upgraded to charge from grid.

What I do know, hybrid style buses are completely pointless in a city like London, because now all the buses sit at the side of the roads reving away like mad while drivers are no their break, they can't get to the countryside on a full charge. :ROFLMAO:
Yes new salt silicone or alloy cells will be taking over, as for n gride there is no mission, it would require digging up everywhere to lay new cables as thick as a elephants trunk, this is not going to happen soon, just look how long its taking to get fibre b band sorted.
Then there is the problem of requiring many more power satations of which many burn oil or gas, and dont go nuclear as folks forget the wast has to be stored in concrete and last for eturnety, cement starts breaking down after 50/100 odd years. :eek:
Cold fusion is the way forward if and when it can be put into full scale use.

Yes new salt silicone or alloy cells will be taking over, as for n gride there is no mission, it would require digging up everywhere to lay new cables as thick as a elephants trunk, this is not going to happen soon, just look how long its taking to get fibre b band sorted.
Then there is the problem of requiring many more power satations of which many burn oil or gas, and dont go nuclear as folks forget the wast has to be stored in concrete and last for eturnety, cement starts breaking down after 50/100 odd years. :eek:
Cold fusion is the way forward if and when it can be put into full scale use.
Cold fusion ....?

You don't like anything that hasnt got points and a starting handle ;-)

Whereas a petrol or diesel car can be expected to reliably last 15 years or more, any EV will have to have the battery replaced in approx. 10 years and they cost significantly more than the car is worth let alone the truly massive impact on our planet associated with making the batteries in the first instance.

It might be all well and good for those who have very deep pockets or enormous savings (and or enormous State or otherwise pensions), however for those of us who don't, there are countless tens of thousands of car owners in the UK who simply can't afford to buy the damnable new EV technology, even if they wanted to, what with the depreciation costs alone being enough to make them unaffordable!

Whereas their old petrol or diesel engined cars or MoHo's being able to continue running for years and years, unfortunately any and all EV vehicles have a source of power which renders them unusable after 10 to 15 years unless you invest a hyper amount of dosh into a new battery system whereas a petrol or diesel engine will soldier on and on for countless hundreds of thousands of miles. As proof, my own BMW 25XE hybrid will be needing a new battery in the next 18 or so months and that small battery will be costing in excess of £18k or my neighbours 100% electric top of the range KIA will be lucky to get 12 years out of his battery and that will cost upwards of £40k to replace.

As for any younger car owner, heaven help them being able to afford to buy or run a car.

Once again, I wish people would do a bit of research before posting, there is no Kia battery that costs anywhere near that to replace even if it had to be after 12 years.
Neighbours car might be one month old. How do you know what a new battery will cost in 12 years time?

If you run out of battery up some dark mtn road you cannot go and ask at a farm house for charge to get you home, but with fuel you can or carry 5 ltr in the boot.

Last edited:
Carry a huge generator on an A Frame. Charge on the move. :)

Bluetooth fuel gauge and just fill up as normal.
Sorted!
main-qimg-14d12ff608391234e5317190d70699e0-pjlq.jpeg

If you run out of battery up some dark mtn road you cannot go and ask at a farm house for charge to get you home, but with fuel you can or carry 5 ltr in the boot.

I remember a story about the police in Ireland Trev. They had been watching a gang of crooks for months and decided to follow them one night to try and either catch them in the act or prevent their activities.

They followed them for hours (obviously the crooks had spotted them). Both cars were getting low on fuel, but the crooks pulled into a layby, got a jerry can out of the boot and refueled the car then gave the police a cheery wave and carried on leaving the cops to run out of fuel a few miles down the road.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back