WANTED: white plastic Astay Cupboard Stay (picture)

Wisewoman

Hi there,

So my 30 year old retro looking cream/white plastic Astay got bust. I'm just posting in the hope that someone may shave a spare one lying about - looks like they stopped making these a while ago and have hunted high and low to no avail.

Thanks
Melissa
2757-125x125.jpg

Last edited:
Hi there,

So my 30 year old retro looking cream/white plastic Astay got bust. I'm just posting in the hope that someone may shave a spare one lying about - looks like they stopped making these a while ago and have hunted high and low to no avail.

Thanks
Melissa
View attachment 74331
Hi. I had similar stays that started to break so replaced them all with gas struts like these

For the price, try one and see if they work for you. I tried one 120n first, which was too strong, so got the 80n. All still working fine after 2 years now.

Thanks very much for the suggestion - as they are so cheap I have ordered one to try :)

Thanks very much for the suggestion - as they are so cheap I have ordered one to try :)
Hope it works for you. Needs a bit of fiddling with the first one to find the right fixing position and tension otherwise cupboard door flies up and whacks you on the nose!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back