walkingmox

walkingmox

Hi

Have used this site before planning walking trip away to North Yorkshire coast where can I park up overnight between Whitby and the scottish border

thanks for the warm welcome sadly just looking at our camper over the Easter

Last edited by a moderator:
Have a look at Marsk, by the sea Check out the pub.
Ditto Ravenscar and Runswick Bay .
Easter may be busy.

Why sadly?

Sadly because in this lovely albeit cold weather the camper should be out on the road not sitting in the garden.
I am not so keen to stay in pub carparks as they can get very noisy when people are waiting outside for lifts to take them home, hotel carparks can be very welcoming if like pubs you have eaten supper although I don't know what the punters think, I expect we will just look for somewhere quiet that doesn't say NO OVERNIGHT CAMPING

However stops look a bit thin on the ground once we get to Northumberland so it may have to be pubs or even the odd supermarket

It does depend on the route you wish to take?
Does also depends on the use of the van for the whole route?
Does depend on if you wish to use public transport to take you to your choosen destination and then walk back to the van?
So the question does lead to further questions of your journey!
Without this information any answer is garbage!
But hope you have a good trip.

John

Walking we usually hug the coast or even walk along the beach if the tide is out then bus or taxi back to the van and find somewhere to overnight. Shall be walking North from Whitby about 12 miles a day when the terrain is so challenging

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back