Waiting for Boris's message tomorrow

GinaRon

1613955092355.png

Seems he's promised no more lockdowns, so I guess he needs to be very cautious.

Oh hang on, he also said that in July.

Next month will mark 1 year since I was last able to do my job, the Exhibition and Events Industry were the first to shut down, and I guess we'll be the last to open.

Cant wait for the pubs and restaurants to get back to normal.

Next month will mark 1 year since I was last able to do my job, the Exhibition and Events Industry were the first to shut down, and I guess we'll be the last to open.

I'm at 1year 1 month, but that's due to the backlog in operations caused by CV-19. Next month it will mark two years of waiting for an operation.

We have to keep the number of covid deaths down
Hypothetically, following on from Harrows and Colin's posts, at what point do ending the negative impacts of lock down restrictions on education, welfare, economy etc become more important than covid deaths?

Boris7 is unemployed, Colin is coming up 2 years waiting for an operation, just interested in peoples thoughts

Hypothetically, following on from Harrows and Colin's posts, at what point do ending the negative impacts of lock down restrictions on education, welfare, economy etc become more important than covid deaths?

Just interested in peoples thoughts

They are all critically important right now.
It's pretty bad right now for millions of people (possibly way more than the final amount of deaths or effects of long-covid?).

The bigger worry has always been the potential overwhelming of hospital & health services with covid patients from day one.

It's a catch 22 situation and nigh on impossible to give an easy answer.

Still missing that 'ol black hole though for a proper yell... ;):devilish:

They are all critically important right now.
It's pretty bad right now for millions of people (possibly way more than the final amount of deaths or effects of long-covid?).

The bigger worry has always been the potential overwhelming of hospital & health services with covid patients from day one.

It's a catch 22 situation and nigh on impossible to give an easy answer.

Still missing that 'ol black hole though for a proper yell... ;):devilish:
Absolutely, impossible to give an easy answer, most definitely a hypothetical question purely for discussion. Er, let me think of an example......

Right, so traffic deaths in UK in 2019 were 1752, as a society we keep making progress to reduce this number and will continue to do so but it as seen an acceptable cost for road infrastructure to carry on, does covid have a similar figure

.......or do people consider there has to be time limit set in allowing people to return to work as an example

🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
All hopes are pinned on the vaccines reducing the worst effects of covid, potentially reducing its spread, ergo reducing worst case scenario, i.e. potential death.

Until we've vaccinated the number of people scientists figure is the right number to reduce infection rates to an acceptable level, then we're all still living in the lap of the gods. 🤷‍♀️

Boris7 is unemployed, Colin is coming up 2 years waiting for an operation, just interested in peoples thoughts

No idea really, but seeing as you've asked, I'll suggest we've already passed that point.

We are told that we have approximately 28000 deaths from influenza every year. This seems to be considered acceptable so presumably that would be ok for Covid. Flu seems to have taken a back seat this year.
Here's the rub, every winter flu etc puts a great strain on the NHS, when we get back to 'normality' CV-19 will add to this, and it might well be at the same levels, this would leave the NHS pretty much overwhelmed every winter. I think we will see a continued big push on flu vaccines as well as CV-19.

Me personally;

Once 100% of those in the UK that can be vaccinated have been then that's it on domestic restrictions and from that point should be treated in a similar manner to flu.

Me and Mrs both still employed and boy at nursery though so we've got it very easy admittently

Last edited:
The NHS has been severely reduced in size. Spare capacity has been reduced to nothing. Young people are, apparently, queuing up to work in the sector. Perhaps this is the perfect time to learn lessons

It is, but I sincerely doubt they will be.

At the same time young people are queueing up, existing staff are leaving in droves.
Catch 22.

From now on I'm wearing a scarf in this thread too (y) 🧣🤐

naughtychairlo.gif

Me personally;

Once 100% of those that can be vaccinated have been then that's it on restrictions and from that point should be treated in a similar manner to flu
What is the estimated date for that?

Even those that don't want the vaccine, can be vaccinated, are you including those?

The problem for me is we were told that once the vulnerable were vaccinated we could get back to normal, then it was provided the hospitals could cope, then it was everyone over 40 needed to be jabbed, now it is everyone, or the virus is eradicated. I'm wondering how long I can watch this horizon getting further away before I swear.

What is the estimated date for that?

Even those that don't want the vaccine, can be vaccinated, are you including those?

We won't know until all those who can be vaccinated, and are willing to be vaccinated, have come forward for their jabs.

Guessing that the statisticians will have some figures to work with once the NHS has worked their way down through the vaccine 'cohorts'.

Until they have vaccinated absolutely everybody who is willing to be, it's all up in the air.

And they're still being cautious about new variants, so who knows? 🤷‍♀️ 🤷‍♀️ 🤷‍♀️

The problem for me is we were told that once the vulnerable were vaccinated we could get back to normal, then it was provided the hospitals could cope, then it was everyone over 40 needed to be jabbed, now it is everyone, or the virus is eradicated. I'm wondering how long I can watch this horizon getting further away before I swear.

If swearing helps go for it!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back