Vodafone Cobra Tracker issue?

Poacher

I have had a Rapido form brand new in 2017 - it has the standard Fiat factory fitted immobiliser and alarm fitted. For security, I had a dealer fitted Vodafone Cobra Tracker fitted. A couple of weeks ago, I went to give it a run out while in lock down - it wouldn’t start. I knew it wasn’t the battery as everything was working - but it wouldn’t turn the engine, RAC called out and he confirmed battery was fine - he by-passed the immobiliser/starter and got it going. However, he said there was a problem with the electrics and would need to be diagnosed by an auto-electrician. Managed to drive to a Fiat commercial centre that looks after my servicing.

Having spent some time looking at it they thought it was an immobiliser problem - but they came back today and said that the problem appears to be the Tracker. They dis-connected the tracker and the engine starts every time. Obviously they will bill me for this but have referred me to the dealer who fitted the tracker at time of purchase. Has anybody had anything similar involving a tracker fitted to a motorhome? Hands up, I have little or no knowledge of auto-electrics but I can’t get my head around this one.

Cheers

Can you track your motorhome on your phone ? As some trackers can be tracked and also disable the vehicle from starting via an app on your phone.
It sounds like the tracker has been put into non start mode,

No, there is no app, just a fob that I need when I travel. I read about the “non-start’ mode last night so I plan to take that up with Cobra today. I’ll see what they say. 👍

Up-date.... The tracker is a Cobra model via Vodafone Automotive. A conversation with them today resulted in a “re-set” signal being sent to the tracker and it appears that this may have resolved the issue. Hopefully will know for sure tomorrow.

Finally got the van back yesterday - auto electrician kept it to try starting engine numerous times. He said the tracker was causing the immobiliser to short out and suggested a temporary fix would be to by-pass the immobiliser. Obviously not a solution so I spoke to Vodafone who did something remotely and it worked since. I’ll be taking it up with Vodafone but we’re now ready for our first trip of the year 😎. Thanks @RichardHelen262 for your suggestion.

Hi
What was the comeback from Vodafone automotive after all this? We are having the same issue at the moment and the garage have basically stripped the dashboard back to try and resolve why the van hasn't been starting. We contacted Vodafone initially when it wouldn't start and they said they couldn't immobilise vehicles!!!! If its down to an error on their part when setting up the immobiliser maybe they should be paying the bill at the garage!! Not happy.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back