Visiting Belgium

chyperie

We had planned to visit Bruges in November for a night/day after watching a round of the Cyclocross World Cup in Koksijde. We are both fully vaccinated and will be in Belgium for less than 48 hours. Reading entry requirements for Belgium from UK it looks like it's not possible due to need to quarantine until negative PCR test. Am I reading this correctly?

We had planned to visit Bruges in November for a night/day after watching a round of the Cyclocross World Cup in Koksijde. We are both fully vaccinated and will be in Belgium for less than 48 hours. Reading entry requirements for Belgium from UK it looks like it's not possible due to need to quarantine until negative PCR test. Am I reading this correctly?
Certainly sounds like out of date information .
Several , if not all , on here much better informed than me

We've just arrived in the Netherlands, we filled in a couple of forms (quite easy) at home and got our Covid passes. Then had an Anti gen test at the ferry terminal, 20 minutes later we were good to go.
So it shouldn't be much harder getting into Belgium.

From the link in my post, point
  1. Are you travelling from a very high-risk country outside the European Union or Schengen Area?

• You are not allowed to travel to Belgium.
Ah ha, Uk is high risk not very high risk country!

But if

" You're not a Belgian resident:

• If you have an EU vaccination or recovery certificate, or a vaccination certificate issued in England, Wales, Northern Ireland or Scotland, you must self-isolate and get tested on day 1 or 2 after you arrive in Belgium. If you test negative, you can end quarantine as soon as you get your test result, but you will still need to take a test again on day 7."

Last edited:
The Belgian page to which you've linked says:

"I do not live in Belgium​

You are not a Belgian resident and you are planning to stay for more than 48 hours in Belgium? The following rules apply when you are in Belgium."

I can't see any rules for people planning to stay for less than 48 hours, which I believe you indicate to be your situation.

From the FAQ's page that is in OP
For short-stay travel (less than 48 hours) in Belgium or abroad, please tick the relevant box on the Passenger Locator Form and no text message will be sent. In this case, quarantine is not mandatory. This does not apply to travellers returning from a third country classified as a very high-risk zone. There are currently no countries classified as very high-risk zones.

You are not a Belgian resident and you are planning to stay for more than 48 hours in Belgium? The following rules apply when you are in Belgium."

I can't see any rules for people planning to stay for less than 48 hours, which I believe you indicate to be your situation.
That's interesting, reading it again you are right, many thanks, think I'll contact the Belgium authorities for clarification.

Thats how I'm understanding it too.

I've found an email address for "Visit Flanders" so have messaged them, will update when I get a reply.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back