Very strange?

maingate

My Son and his pals have just completed a motorcycle tour of England, Wales and Scotland. They found Skye to be quite busy with tourists, most of them oriental. How can this be?

Can anyone shed light on this at all?

I have a friend who is in the Torridon area at the moment and he said he’s never seen it as busy.

Skye is very popular with Chinese tourists, I think the BFG film did it. I was working on Skye four years ago in the November and there were coaches full of Chinese tourists.
The highlands are heaving at the moment, it’ll get busier next month!

Skye is very popular with Chinese tourists, I think the BFG film did it. I was working on Skye four years ago in the November and there were coaches full of Chinese tourists.
The highlands are heaving at the moment, it’ll get busier next month!

We said we would only go back to Skye in December or January after our trip 3 years ago in the October. It was rammed, mostly with Chinese tourists.

They’re welcome to Skye. Overrated and overhyped. Much nicer and islands to visit around Scotland’s coast.
Found it very pleasant in late September early October couple of years back ...
Avoided the usual honeypots and just soaked up the fantastic scenery and desolate beaches.

To be honest I preferred it to large parts of Orkney... (ww2 history apart) as, most of the older stuff had been rather over touristed IMHO

Found it very pleasant in late September early October couple of years back ...
Avoided the usual honeypots and just soaked up the fantastic scenery and desolate beaches.

To be honest I preferred it to large parts of Orkney... (ww2 history apart) as, most of the older stuff had been rather over touristed IMHO
The Cullin is spectacular I agree but my favourite place on Skye is Uig because that’s where I take the ferry to Harris or North Uist.

My Son and his pals have just completed a motorcycle tour of England, Wales and Scotland. They found Skye to be quite busy with tourists, most of them oriental. How can this be?

Can anyone shed light on this at all?
I deal with tourists and most of my bookings/enquiries are from British residents , mostly English . Some US bookings/enquiries . There does seem to be a problem understanding isolating/quarantine from them .
The remainder of my bookings are from Chinese students who are resident in Britain

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back