vegoil

katgirl

we are contemplating a conversion to running our motorhome on vegoil,using a high quality german kit.anyone doing this already?

also intrested in this...............where is the kit from etc?

Mark Lancaster said:
also intrested in this...............where is the kit from etc?

Dont care what anyof you say ive been in a van thats been run on veg oil and after a while it will stink, and so will any one that goes in it.

Ive been running my van on 50/50 veg n diesel for a while, so far ive tryd rapseed n sunflower oil(cos they the cheeper) and found the sunflower smells more but seems to runs better! and nope I dont smell like a chippy n neither does the van , just the exhaust and its a nice vegy smell

Last edited:
Veg oil

There's a foreign web site that lists all common diesel engines and tells you how much oil you can add to an undapted engine i.e. my 2.2tdi Frontera and my old 2.5 mazda bongo were both good for 30% 'cooking' oil, the Bongo only has a two-way particulate trap and smelt like a chippy on anything over 10%!! The Frontera has a 3-way cat and has NO smell on up to 30%!!

There are many conversions and heaters available, and methods for removing the thick Glycerine content.

My new motorhome has a 2.8jdi unit with high pressure injectors which are unsuitable... thats progress for you!!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back