Vaccine information

This bit concerns me.

" Pfizer and BioNTech themselves have already urged caution on the grounds that their data ends at day 21, and "there is no data to demonstrate that protection after the first dose is sustained after 21 days". It's possible that the protection people seem to have will suddenly drop off after that point – in fact, this wouldn't be surprising based on the way the immune system usually works. "

It seems a risky strategy for the government to decide themselves to increase the time for the second booster from the recommended and tested 3 weeks to 3 months in order to get as many people vaccinated with one dose first especially after reading that report. I have to wonder whether the motive for that is to protect as many people as possible or more likely to be able to boast about the numbers! It might pay off but its a gamble and against the recommendations.

Based on no scientific evidence at all if people are getting infected after the first jab and it the sad case of that person at the top of the article actually dying what are the chances of the virus learning from people who have been vaccinated and adopting itself to beat the vaccine? If that is possible (and its just my thoughts) surely the shorter gap the better between the two doses you dont get infected at all.

That is what doctors have been highlighting again today. The Oxford
This bit concerns me.

" Pfizer and BioNTech themselves have already urged caution on the grounds that their data ends at day 21, and "there is no data to demonstrate that protection after the first dose is sustained after 21 days". It's possible that the protection people seem to have will suddenly drop off after that point – in fact, this wouldn't be surprising based on the way the immune system usually works. "

It seems a risky strategy for the government to decide themselves to increase the time for the second booster from the recommended and tested 3 weeks to 3 months in order to get as many people vaccinated with one dose first especially after reading that report. I have to wonder whether the motive for that is to protect as many people as possible or more likely to be able to boast about the numbers! It might pay off but its a gamble and against the recommendations.

Based on no scientific evidence at all if people are getting infected after the first jab and it the sad case of that person at the top of the article actually dying what are the chances of the virus learning from people who have been vaccinated and adopting itself to beat the vaccine? If that is possible (and its just my thoughts) surely the shorter gap the better between the two doses you dont get infected at all.
This is what doctors in UK are highlighting today again. The evidence the gov, and many scientists quote is based on other immunologists saying it is ok, and, I believe, the Oxford study ( but different vaccine). But the dissension between the scientists caused us mere humans, angst.....it's all unknown. The only thing I really take from it atm is any vaccine is better than none. Data demonstrating responses will be forthcoming as more get vaccinated and, I am sure, there will be changes made but long term data is something we don't have the luxury of waiting for. Safety has been demonstrated fully, and that is the first most important step.

Let's face it, it's all a big experiment as the world has never been in a situation quite like this before.

We just have to hope and pray that it all comes good in the end.

One thing's for sure - there are plenty of highly qualified people worldwide studying and working on the problem like never before. 👍

That is what doctors have been highlighting again today. The Oxford

This is what doctors in UK are highlighting today again. The evidence the gov, and many scientists quote is based on other immunologists saying it is ok, and, I believe, the Oxford study ( but different vaccine). But the dissension between the scientists caused us mere humans, angst.....it's all unknown. The only thing I really take from it atm is any vaccine is better than none. Data demonstrating responses will be forthcoming as more get vaccinated and, I am sure, there will be changes made but long term data is something we don't have the luxury of waiting for. Safety has been demonstrated fully, and that is the first most important step.

It has been demonstrated under the strict guidelines of a three week gap between vaccine shots I believe. What our government has decided to do is to breakaway from the parameters that were used during the testing and go its own way which has not been tested. They have basically taken a gamble.

The problem is there is not enough vaccine yet so they either use what they have and protect twice as many or give the first and second dose as prescribed and leave the rest to look after themselves. This way they buy time. The vaccine is not just going to stop working the immune system will remember what to do. You can always go back and give people two shots later even if they have already had one. Its going to be a long haul so get ready for a vaccination possibly every year just like the flu vaccine. I suppose this is why the Government have invested in a vaccine plant. Life is going to be a bit different. Stay safe

By the time us young uns get the vaccination we will hopefully have more precise data from you guys.😆🤣

:(

1611488255936.png

Mate of mine and his wife who live over the road both had their first jabs yesterday afternoon (y)

They went out last night to some friends of theirs who have also had their first jabs the day before because they said they are now safe to do so o_O
Did they get a leaflet telling them how to proceed?

Let's face it, it's all a big experiment as the world has never been in a situation quite like this before.

We just have to hope and pray that it all comes good in the end.

One thing's for sure - there are plenty of highly qualified people worldwide studying and working on the problem like never before. 👍
HIGHLY QUALIFIED people working studying like never before......................then, one country decides not to follow the advice of highly qualified people and WHO........apparently we are the only country not following advice?????????????

Really, the only country?
thanks mark 61.......if i have heard/got it wrong......it would be interesting to know what the correct info is.........i was half asleep when it was mentioned on the radio...so i may have misheard it...........

I see Birmingham University have come up with a nasal spray that, if squirted four times a day, stops you getting the virus. It will be in a pharmacy near you by summer apparently.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back