Upsurge in camper sales etc

mariesnowgoose

Heard this yesterday morning. Thought some of you might find it mildly interesting?

Mind you it's the BBC, so probably a load of old tosh (according to some) ;) 😁

Skip to 32:50 to listen to the relevant bit (that's 32 minutes 50 seconds into the broadcast for anyone not familiar).

You and Yours 10th July 2020

There is definitely a lot of "interest" in campervan ownership.

I have recently been at Marquis Preston branch for a habitation check and some warranty work, I cannot believe how many vans have sold on them, the lady in service said her department can't cope with the demand at the moment, obviously there priority is to get these new customers vans PDI and on the road and the money drawn in.

Just feel sorry for existing customers as they have a longer wait than usual to get booked in.

I believe the demand is also strong for cars too, after getting dragged around car showrooms by my daughter on Thursday, as she knows being a Yorkshireman I am quite shrewd when I make an offer, then she says she is embarrassed when I offer the salesman a deal, she was ready for accepting the first deal offered to her, bloody hard work, I tell her she has to show lack of interest in a car, even if she falls in love with it as it makes my job harder when it comes to negotiating, but it's in one ear and out of the other with her, I did manage to get her the car she wanted though and saved her a couple of thousand on the deal she would have excepted. Dad's job done for another couple of years me thinks.

I have recently been at Marquis Preston branch for a habitation check and some warranty work, I cannot believe how many vans have sold on them, the lady in service said her department can't cope with the demand at the moment, obviously there priority is to get these new customers vans PDI and on the road and the money drawn in.

Just feel sorry for existing customers as they have a longer wait than usual to get booked in.

I believe the demand is also strong for cars too, after getting dragged around car showrooms by my daughter on Thursday, as she knows being a Yorkshireman I am quite shrewd when I make an offer, then she says she is embarrassed when I offer the salesman a deal, she was ready for accepting the first deal offered to her, bloody hard work, I tell her she has to show lack of interest in a car, even if she falls in love with it as it makes my job harder when it comes to negotiating, but it's in one ear and out of the other with her, I did manage to get her the car she wanted though and saved her a couple of thousand on the deal she would have excepted. Dad's job done for another couple of years me thinks.
Well done. A true Yorkshire man.

NEVER EVER take a woman with you when striking a deal. At an open air market in Spain I offered 20 euro for an antique Meerschaum pipe instead of the 50 euro being asked. The dealer says 45 Euro, I say 25 Euro, dealer says 40 Euro, I say 27 euro, dealer says 35 euro............Izzy butts in and says we'll pay you 50 euro and no more.:mad::mad::mad:

Had to walk away.:mad:

Similar story at Lowdham's in Nottinghamshire. We have just collected our new Dethleffs motorhome from them and they are rushed off their feet with the demand. It seems that many people are deciding to holiday in the UK this summer, so book campsites well ahead if you want to use them this year!

I thought people were skint ?

The lockdown has cost some people a lot but others have plenty of spare cash because, if it is still coming in, there has been very little to spend money on for 3 - 4 months. Also, interest rates are virtually zero at the moment, which makes borrowing money much more affordable for many.

Friend called in at Camperking and they are converting over 25 vans a week at moment, sounds pretty good for a wee independent UK firm, going to be a lot of VW's on the road.

The lockdown has cost some people a lot but others have plenty of spare cash because, if it is still coming in, there has been very little to spend money on for 3 - 4 months. Also, interest rates are virtually zero at the moment, which makes borrowing money much more affordable for many.

Exactly cheap repayments Easy come Easy go

Heard this yesterday morning. Thought some of you might find it mildly interesting?

Mind you it's the BBC, so probably a load of old tosh (according to some) ;) 😁

Skip to 32:50 to listen to the relevant bit (that's 32 minutes 50 seconds into the broadcast for anyone not familiar).

You and Yours 10th July 2020

Nothing wrong with the Boris Bashing Corporation. :ROFLMAO:

I am looking on bright side and think there will be a lot of vans for sale next year hardly used and a bargin (not looking for a new van) it will be interesting to watch.
Could be. At the Marina where mine is stored there are quite a few spaces appearing where financial burden has outweighed the added expense of ownership.

I never use HP but buy cash from repo or old folk who just gave up or died,always got as new cars etc for buttons.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back