UPDATE - No gas allowed in motorhomes on the Wemyss Bay to Rothesay route !!

reiverlad

Car drivers and passengers are being allowed to stay in their cars on the crossing to allow more people to travel.
50 people only are allowed to travel on the car deck - so 50 cars with 1 person or 10 cars with 5 people.
To allow this dispensation, Calmac are not allowed to have dangerous goods travel on this route,
This includes motorhomes with gas cannisters.
This means the only way on and off the island for a motorhome is by the short Rhubodach - Colintraive route.
What fun !!

Jesus. If you have a cert for your install surely that says it's safe. Well, just as safe as all of the petrol cars with you on the ferry at least 🤔

Nowt to do with cert - it all because they want to carry more passengers so they are being allowed to stay in cars on the crossing
Maritime law does not allow dangerous goods, including gas canisters to be on same car deck with people.
People are not normally allowed to stay in their cars on this crossing

If she's had even a half of Guinness the night before 'er indoors' could be fairly described as a gas canister for most of the following day. On these occasions for safety's sake I dare not smoke, drag my feet along our nylon carpet or use the cooker as I bet the insurance would find a way to wriggle out of any resultant claim up. The only advantage of Covid for me has been the fact that now there's always a facemask handy [but my eyes still sting when she 'let's go']. So....Does this mean she'd have to be towed behind in a dinghy?

If she's had even a half of Guinness the night before 'er indoors' could be fairly described as a gas canister for most of the following day. On these occasions for safety's sake I dare not smoke, drag my feet along our nylon carpet or use the cooker as I bet the insurance would find a way to wriggle out of any resultant claim up. The only advantage of Covid for me has been the fact that now there's always a facemask handy [but my eyes still sting when she 'let's go']. So....Does this mean she'd have to be towed behind in a dinghy?
A couple of thoughts came to mind when I read this.
Firstly, are you prepared to have 'the boss' classified as dangerous goods ?? plus are YOU prepared to put her in the dingy ??
Secondly - stop being a cheapskate and buy her a decent drink !!!

A couple of thoughts came to mind when I read this.
Firstly, are you prepared to have 'the boss' classified as dangerous goods ?? plus are YOU prepared to put her in the dingy ??
Secondly - stop being a cheapskate and buy her a decent drink !!!

She might be a big girl but she knows who wears the trousers... I flipped a coin as to whether she or her sister would become the next Mrs Bedonwheels....
iu.jpeg

Sorry Clarence, you are persona nongrata on this island !!
Wully told me that.:cool:

Anyway - are you sure you could navigate on and off that wee ferry ????
😵🥴😷

Car drivers and passengers are being allowed to stay in their cars on the crossing to allow more people to travel.
50 people only are allowed to travel on the car deck - so 50 cars with 1 person or 10 cars with 5 people.
To allow this dispensation, Calmac are not allowed to have dangerous goods travel on this route,
This includes motorhomes with gas cannisters.
This means the only way on and off the island for a motorhome is by the short Rhubodach - Colintraive route.
What fun !!

Are car drivers having to drain the petrol from their tanks before boarding.

Reactions: 2cv
Unfortunately you can't argue with marine law !!
Calmac have been given a dispensation for the certification on the class 4 vessels used on this route.
Calmac are only following the instructions given to them to allow them to carry more passengers.
Without this dispensation and social distancing they would only be allowed to carry 100 passengers total.

Latest change - gas now allowed.
Copy of info from Calmac
Following further discussions with the MCA Headquarters, we have reached an agreement that from 30 July we can carry motorhomes and caravans carrying limited quantities of compressed gas for private use on the above routes. The restrictions on carrying other dangerous goods vehicles will remain and will be asked to use alternative routes as stated above.

Unfortunately huge queues to get over here now !

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back