Uncomfortable beds!

gypo

We have a Fiat ducato trigano tribute van conversion. It’s the 2 berth van where the cushions make up the bed once folded down.
About a year ago I fitted new foam in the cushions plus we have a memory foam mattress topper we use.
However the last couple of trips I’m waking up through out the night with my back aching terribly.
As you all know space is limited in the van and everything has its own place to be stored when not used so carrying a memory foam mattress isn’t an option.
Does anyone have any advice please, possibly renewing the foam again in the cushions? If so what foam to use etc?
Many thanks
D

We use a memory foam mattress which I had to cut to shape to fit the van wonder if you could use one for the cushions ours was from ebay came rolled and vacume packed We found it so comfortable we also use one at home

Hi, I’m thinking I could possibly change the cushions for memory foam but I’m not sure if using them for sitting as well will work, will they say too much?
Thanks
D

Hi, I’m thinking I could possibly change the cushions for memory foam but I’m not sure if using them for sitting as well will work, will they say too much?
Thanks
D

It may not be the filling that is causing the problem. It may be the fact the 'matress' is not continuous. I find the unevenness of cushions causes issues which can still be an issue under a matress topper.
If the mattress topper is thick enough maybe you could give it a try without the cushions underneath?
Make sure your cushions are as flat as possible on top when using them; this often means using them face down rather than face up.

Thanks for the advice, I haven’t tried turning them over, that is one option.
I’ll give it a go and report back
Cheers
D

It may not be the filling that is causing the problem. It may be the fact the 'matress' is not continuous. I find the unevenness of cushions causes issues which can still be an issue under a matress topper.
If the mattress topper is thick enough maybe you could give it a try without the cushions underneath?
Make sure your cushions are as flat as possible on top when using them; this often means using them face down rather than face up.
We always in our old van put the cushions flat side up for a better nights sleep fortunately a fix bed i this van such comfort 😌😌

It’s not what the mattress is made of that counts it’s what’s underneath it that makes the difference. Our luxury Laika has a metal frame and slats like you get at home. This is topped with 3” of foam. Boy is it comfortable. The biggest problem you have is you need the cushions for sitting on and cushions for sitting on are no good for sleeping on. We had a Swift so I know from experience that the sofa cushions were way to hard. I used to put a thick sleeping bag on top and sleep on top of that. SWMBO tried a memory foam mattress topper and complained she got stuck and it got to hot.

Yes, that’s what I thought as far as he cushions, we’ve had the van 6 yrs and only recently has it got so bad, I’ll have to come up with a solution, I’m going to try and turn them over as suggested in the posts earlier.
Thanks
Dean

When we had a caravan the two sofa made up a double bed with a slatted pull out bit to fill the middle.
We only used it for one night before realising how much more comfortable it was with cushions turned over, flat side uppermost.
Good luck with your trial.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back