U turn on the U bends?

tidewatcher

Just had a message from a friend who has booked a campsite saying the site has been in touch with them saying the government has done a U Turn regarding toilets on campsites. Apparently toilets will be allowed to be open on campsites, just as public toilets are, but shower blocks remain closed

Keep in mind this is just one message from a friend, I could not find anything on the Government websites. Having said all this it will not make a lot of difference to me, always prefer home comforts myself.

This is the situation at Cobbs Hill farm Bexley Heath, the toilets are open not showers. We are on a 3 night run working the new van hard to see if there are any snagging issues before returning to dealership for our car. Then up to the Peak District for a Wild Camp. So far all ok.

On the news yesterday they went to a camp site .near Pately Bridge , one dedicated shower per pitch ,pitch numbers greatly reduced. .could only see tents .

If the toilets are separate on a campsite we hen it would appear this is possible but so many are integral with showers so impossible to police 👮‍♀️

Been to two sites this week, first one toilets open, second one closed !

Being a cynic, cheaper to keep facilities closed, to be 'Covid safe' :sneaky:

The problem is policing the toilets and showers to prevent use.
They usually share the same purpose-built block on CMC sites.

A 'wrist band' system adopted last year didn't work on a lot of sites. Only 3 people in at any one time, supposed to wait until someone came out before going inside. Customers ignored and just went in and out of the showers/toilets when ever they wanted. 🤷‍♀️

I don't understand the scientific thinking on public showers. In fact, does anyone actually know what it is? :unsure:

The problem is policing the toilets and showers to prevent use.
They usually share the same purpose-built block on CMC sites.

A 'wrist band' system adopted last year didn't work on a lot of sites. Only 3 people in at any one time, supposed to wait until someone came out before going inside. Customers ignored and just went in and out of the showers/toilets when ever they wanted. 🤷‍♀️

I don't understand the scientific thinking on public showers. In fact, does anyone actually know what it is? :unsure:
I think it's that covid can stay suspended in the steamy air and doesn't dissipate as quickly as in a dry environment as its attached to water molecules (total guess)

The Camping & Caravanning Club state they are opening their shower facilities on the 17th May.
The C&MC are being a bit more cagey. No real surprise with them. :rolleyes: 🥱

I guess the virus will have been informed it has to work to this deadline too and won't be invading shower blocks after that date (y) 😉 :ROFLMAO:

On the CMC chat page there are reports of people breaking into the closed showers to use them. The toilets and wash hand basins are open but not the showers.

Different climate...
We had showers in Southern Italy.
A a solid back wall and roof. Then 2 side walls open at top and bottom About 2 feet. Then a fullish door.
Perfectly private but nice and airy.....Italy is hot hot hot. Not suitable for most of UK !

Last edited:
Re mind me of the "Harpic joke"
Clean round the bend !
Too much choice ?????

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back