tv aerial

Telly Aerial

Depends how bothered you are about the bunkum box really.

Since the advent of digital you can get a signal on a bit of wet string almost. The weeny little aerial taped to the end of a brush stick got 120 channels for us this summer in the Yorkshire Dales IMG_0914.jpg

Van was vertical at the time :rolleyes2:

Cheers

H

We paid £130 ish for a Status and it is useless that is puting it mildly!!! :mad1::mad2:

a good book wins

Maplins £10 magmount dongall
Some nights by the coast we don't even get 4he soaps. wicked she get s the hump and it ant me doing it.:scared:

We use a mag mount it's about 100 mm long and it has never let us down yet thanks to campervanannie she gave it to me on a meet after I had just bought a heap of **** like the status.
:lol-049:

Tv Aerial

We use a mag mount it's about 100 mm long and it has never let us down yet thanks to campervanannie she gave it to me on a meet after I had just bought a heap of **** like the status.
:lol-049:
Have:D to agree, the expensive lump that was on my Mizar when I bought it was hopeless, was advised to get the small mag mount and now can get most stations virtually anywhere. Just glued a small galvanised plate to my air-con unit for a base.

I have the status 560....
Status 560 Long Mast Directional Antenna - White: Amazon.co.uk: Sports & Outdoors
Very pleased with it and have been able to get a decent digital tv picture all over the UK apart from in the deepest Highlands,not surprising as there was no phone signal there either.It's very easy to set up,just turn the mast until the led on the booster turns to green and then I use the autotune on the Avtex tv.It's not cheap but does work exceptionally well.
A tip for setting up,the led does not always have to go to green to get a picture,on occasions it has worked when on orange and still managed to get lots of freeview channels.

Ive found this type of aerial to be the best (and cheapest) we just point it out of the van window. The Moonraker was an overpriced load of sh1te, if you break one open, which I did, you'll find a bit of PCB with very little on it, we got a better picture pressing the coax to the metal window in the van.

When OH does the TV and the LED is bright green point it the same way as everyone else or keep moving it to try and get a signal still doesn't work he can try for ages but no luck!! :mad2:

Ive found this type of aerial to be the best (and cheapest) we just point it out of the van window. The Moonraker was an overpriced load of sh1te, if you break one open, which I did, you'll find a bit of PCB with very little on it, we got a better picture pressing the coax to the metal window in the van.

Could it be that yours was faulty ,never had a problem with ours and we've used just about everything on the market over the years, although for some reason we discovered that in a couple of places where we didn't get a reception at first in the standard vertical position it worked if turned into the horizontal plane (strange for an omnidirectional aerial) but in these spots we had never manage to get a signal before with any type of aerial.

When OH does the TV and the LED is bright green point it the same way as everyone else or keep moving it to try and get a signal still doesn't work he can try for ages but no luck!! :mad2:

but is he re tuning the TV once the aerial is receiving a signal ,needs to be done in each area you visit

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back