Trumatic C4002 circulation fan

Martin P

Hi all
Has anybody replaced a circulation fan on a trumatic heater.
The motor on mine is marked 34000-64100-05.
These are getting harder to come by and a lot of suppliers marking them as discontinued. I found one which looks identical but it is marked as 34020-61300 rev 05.
The electrical plug on the wire tails from the motor is different so am wondering whether to cut the plug off and fit it anyway.
I have emailed the truma service dept but they are not open till monday. I will wait as the motor was £130 so don't want to open the packet if I need to return it.
Just wondered if anyone on here had run into this
M

Just found the part number is for the truma combi heaters. It will be interesting to hear if the motor is suitable for the trumatics if motors for them are no longer available

Thanks for looking these up. Its a bit confusing. The first link shows a motor up to 2002, mine is a 2006 unit so probably not right. The second is for the new motor I have got. I think it will be fine but a niggle in my mind is saying they may have changed the connector as it is incompatible. Then Im thinking that as it fits the newer combi perhaps that is why they have discontinued the motor with the part no I want as it just replaces it. I will probably just have to wait to hear back from Truma. I can't even compare with a test meter as the brushes in the old one are shagged

And a big cheer to motorhome builders who put them them together with no thought to maintainance and couldn't even fix the truma to the floor properly.
I honestly think they are not designed to be fixable but are put together like a disposable lighter. Shocking

Here is the reply I had back from Truma uk

Thank you for your enquiry. The part nrs you’ve supplied are not the ones we use on our system, I think they are the German codes. The part nr you should have on the packaging is 34000-77300, however unfortunately these are now obsolete and we no longer have any available. You may be able to source one on ebay or similar.

Well I couldnt find one in stock so I sent this

Hi Rachel
Thank you for your reply.
Will the fan motor from the truma combi 4 fit my trumatic C 4002?
Many thanks
Martin

So I sent this

Thank you Rachel. How does it differ?. Maybe I can modify it?
Regards
Martin

We wouldn’t advise it, they are quite different, see below;We wouldn’t advise it, they are quite different, see below;

(They sent a parts diagram which showed the two different heaters but no detail of the motor which looked simillar)

So in the end I measured the the resistance across the terminals of both motors and they were pretty simillar.The new motor fitted straight on with no mods so I swapped the plugs over and it all seems to work fine.
Better than having to scrap the the whole heater unit and buy a new one at 1400 quid .

If it blows up I will let you know
M

So in the end I measured the the resistance across the terminals of both motors and they were pretty simillar.The new motor fitted straight on with no mods so I swapped the plugs over and it all seems to work fine.
Better than having to scrap the the whole heater unit and buy a new one at 1400 quid .

If it blows up I will let you know
M

Obviously with the help Truma gave you they wanted you to fork out for a new system as you say about £1400. Great you were able to figure out a fix for it at a load cheaper£££££££££

Bit long winded this but I think it might be useful to anyone with a trumatic heater with heater fan problems.
Here is a fix for under a tenner

Checking the old fan motor revealed it was the brushes that had failed
Here are the closest I could find

20190607_154232.jpg

20190607_154118.jpg
The brushes are slightly too big. The 4.8 mm has to be reduced to 4mm. This is simple as they are very soft. A little rub on some 120 grit and it is a matter of seconds.
The brush on the right has been reduced

The end of the motor with the old brushes. Dont lose the small pressure springs behind them20190607_154124.jpg

I cut off the old brushes leaving some of the braid. I shortened the braid on the new ones then soldered them together. I cleaned the old braid with some thinn20190607_155314.jpgers first

To reasemble first fit the brushes back into their guides. Then jiggle the armature end of the rotor shaft back between the brushes. Hold the brushes back with a small screwdriver. Wiggle it in gently a little at a time. Dont lose any of the dhim washers. It sounds worse than it is. 20190607_155611.jpg

You have to put the rotor into the back motor bearing first then slide the whole lot into the motor casing and through the front bearing

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back